• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. OG Tifa next to Re:Tifa

User Info: Tifas_Man

Tifas_Man
1 month ago#381
It is kina. I don't want them to be nerfed. The comparison pic has shown that they are about the same but I'm not sure if SE shrunk 'em. Some scenes she's practically flat.
PSN: AwesomeAsFozzy
"THAT'S RIGHT!!! RUN YOU B*******!!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!!!!" - Lara Croft

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 month ago#382
Tifas_Man posted...
It is kina. I don't want them to be nerfed. The comparison pic has shown that they are about the same but I'm not sure if SE shrunk 'em. Some scenes she's practically flat.
lol she's a 3D model. the size is bound to be consistent. just that perception of size varies when seen from various angles and lighting. (tho wonky physics engines can easily prove me wrong as well XD)

that and they did actually animate muscle movement which affects the breast physics. no way to say it without sounding like a creep to some but you will notice it if you watch her movement in the trailers and think about how the movement will affect the breast.
The game awards trailer had her bring her arms together (well kinda) which ultimately squished her breasts against each other, ultimately making them appear bigger which would be the natural thing to happen.

lol her boobs look pretty in several parts of the trailer actually. when president shinra is talking to the trio (tgs trailer?) and you see them panned out and from a rotating view, it illustrates what i'm saying pretty well

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 month ago#383
oh yeah also in general when comparing 2D anime style drawings vs 3D models...

well typically in anime, artists typically don't respect light sources. They'll have a general direction maybe, but for the most part they'll add lighting and shading to areas that they find most visually appealing. (for female characters, that's usually whatever makes the ta tas pop XD)

Arc System Works, the makers of Guilty Gear Xrd, Dragon Ball FighterZ, the upcoming Granblue Fantasy VS game... are essentially the kings of 3D models made to look like anime. They had an interesting GDC topic about how they make 3D feel 2D. It's interesting if you're into that stuff TC. But one of the points was actually applying the imperfections of 2D and the lighting choices 2D artists make into their game. They manually added in "flaws" to make the computer perfect 3D, to appear like a hand crafted imperfect 2D. This of course extends to lighting/shading.

User Info: orah

orah
1 month ago#384
shortstackk posted...
Its funny when you look at Cloud you can really see the asian features in him, at first glance though you wouldnt think that cause of his blonde hair/ blue eyes. However that mix is part of what makes Cloud look so dam cool.

I gave in and looked at some of the leaks and was hopin to see a few of Tifa and i did, Some of the pictures made me feel so much better about her. Like the pictures i saw in some of the leaks is the Tifa i had hyped myself for all this time.
oh f*** she's better? makes me so glad dude

User Info: Tifas_Man

Tifas_Man
1 month ago#385
I don't know if she's "better". I have my doubts. She seems off.
PSN: AwesomeAsFozzy
"THAT'S RIGHT!!! RUN YOU B*******!!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!!!!" - Lara Croft

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#386
orah posted...
Funny if the ‘leaks’ make her look better to people as most are assuming the images and content in the leaks are over half a year old at this point so not like that was them improving her and more just how she always was since they revealed her.

User Info: shortstackk

shortstackk
1 month ago#387
orah posted...

I saw 2 shots of her that she looked pretty badass in, Face looked pretty dam good imo.

Maybe it was just a few shots and that she hasnt really changed much but definately liked what i saw
Recording to logbook

orah
1 month ago#388
the superior tifa is the one on the top, this is fact. anyone who disagrees is a baby mongoloid sorry i don't make the rules
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/1/4/AAeBAwAAAHhe.jpg

shortstackk posted...
I saw 2 shots of her that she looked pretty badass in, Face looked pretty dam good imo.

Maybe it was just a few shots and that she hasnt really changed much but definately liked what i saw
thank goodness

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 month ago#389
orah posted...
the superior tifa is the one on the top, this is fact. anyone who disagrees is a baby mongoloid sorry i don't make the rules
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/1/4/AAeBAwAAAHhe.jpg

thank goodness
Bottom pic is cuter.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

orah
1 month ago#390
looks like you're a mongoloid then, sorry

real talk though tifa isn't cute or ugly, she has no facial structure. she just has a puffy/pudgy face with anime eyes. and i will never understand why they gave her bags, or whatever they are under her eyes. top actually has a facial structure and she actually looks like a human being. she looks badass too
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. OG Tifa next to Re:Tifa
  • Topic Archived