• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Was there some light aerial combat in that FF7R TGS 2019 trailer?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#1
I saw it. Cloud was high and attacking something. I missed as to how it happened. Anyone able to understand better?

User Info: C4ptainblack

C4ptainblack
1 month ago#2
When an enemy is above Cloud but still in reach for his attacks, Cloud jumps into the air to attack and lands afterwards. If they are too far away, only ranged attacks like Barret or Aerith can reach them. Dont worry, there is no aerial combat like FFXV or KH.

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
1 month ago#3
C4ptainblack posted...
When an enemy is above Cloud but still in reach for his attacks, Cloud jumps into the air to attack and lands afterwards. If they are too far away, only ranged attacks like Barret or Aerith can reach them. Dont worry, there is no aerial combat like FFXV or KH.

I don't mind aerial combat, but that's still a cool detail.

User Info: The_Freecs

The_Freecs
1 month ago#4
Why would someone not want aerial combat?

Damn hipsters these days lol.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#5
The_Freecs posted...

Restrictions on the "action" part of combat can do a lot to emphasize RPG mechanics and party tactics. In FFVII's case though I haven't really seen much in this regard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU
Read my posts while listening to the UNATCO theme.

User Info: The_Freecs

The_Freecs
1 month ago#6
Very rarely does that work. If its established the characters can do that kinda stuff in canon theres no good reason to not allow it during gameplay.

User Info: DarkAngelZekkai

DarkAngelZekkai
1 month ago#7
The_Freecs posted...

Because despite Nomuras best efforts to turn it into it with the s***ty compilation this isn't Dragonball

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
1 month ago#8
The_Freecs posted...
Very rarely does that work. If its established the characters can do that kinda stuff in canon theres no good reason to not allow it during gameplay.

??? But Cloud jumps...just not to your will though. It's good enough.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
1 month ago#9
http://webmshare.com/play/VrxMV
here you go
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016

User Info: Takfloyd_mkII__

Takfloyd_mkII__
1 month ago#10
Aerial combat is usually good when it's limited. It's when you can stay afloat in the air endlessly and keep mashing that it tends to suck the weight out of the combat, as seen in FFXV. FF7R looks to have limited aerial combat where you do one combo and then land, which is cool. I do wish there was a jump button though.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Was there some light aerial combat in that FF7R TGS 2019 trailer?
  • Topic Archived