• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Calling it. They're changing the plot to a significant degree (spoilers)

User Info: GGG100

GGG100
3 days ago#51
VegaGG posted...
To all those hoping Aeris dies, you know that her living is the most requested feature right?

Most requested my ass lol. Only a very vocal minority has requested for it.

Even if it is, I still hold enough respect for Square to believe that they won't bend over and compromise the game for it.

User Info: GGG100

GGG100
3 days ago#52
definitiondeny posted...
They will not touch one of the most if not THE most iconic moment in gaming history and it's actually laughable anyone thinks there is a 1% chance of that happening. People would riot, Square Enix's office would burn.

Imagine if The Lion King remake had Mufasa survive and live. That would have rendered the rest of the story pointless.

A lot of people aren't cut out to be writers and it really shows.

User Info: MrPototo

MrPototo
3 days ago#53
There is absolutely zero chance Aerith will survive, be resurrected or die late in the game. Her death is the cornerstone of the entire story and defining moment from the whole franchise. Cloud's entire character arc depends on her dying. There is no way in Hell they'd change it.
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414.
From a story standpoint, yeah her dying is one of the biggest highlights and catalyst for the game's plot and it should't be changed.

But from a gameplay perspective, maybe they will have an option for you to choose whether or not to keep her in the party for gameplay purposes, like in Star Ocean 4.

User Info: penamaster

penamaster
3 days ago#55
There are people that actually think Aerith surviving is even a possibility...

Makes me wonder how many people on this board actually played FFVII.
Every game is overrated nowadays.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
3 days ago#56
She will die, but not until the very end of the game. The main issue in FF7 was that she was a great healing character who you lose midway through the game. If she survives all the way to the end of this game, then it won't be an issue because you still feel like you got her for a whole game and for every challenge.

I still say every major story point in the first disc does not need to happen outside Midgar. They will probably have the party fly off to the City of the Ancients at the end of the game.
Future Billionaire
Games to Watch: Galaxy in Turmoil, Griftlands, Atomic Heart

User Info: C4ptainblack

C4ptainblack
3 days ago#57
TrueGB posted...
I still say every major story point in the first disc does not need to happen outside Midgar. They will probably have the party fly off to the City of the Ancients at the end of the game.

That would make no sense at all. How would you put the storys of Junon, Gold Saucer, Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim and Rocket Town inside Midgar? The story that happened in Midgar will be part one of the remake. Everything else thats on disc 1 will be part of the second remake.

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
3 days ago#58
PK_Spam posted...
And I bet the first major change is going to be them letting Aerith live.

...I actually wouldn't put it past SE to do something like that.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
3 days ago#59
Litane posted...
Not in the main game, no way, it's the defining moment of the entire story.

Yeah, I don't get this opinion at all.

SE is willing to make the game an ARPG, put it into parts, pad the s*** outta the games to make all the parts full length games (which is already going to take vast liberties with how the story plays out), but changing the story to have Aerith live is going too far? Lmao.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
3 days ago#60
Finis-XII posted...
Yeah, I don't get this opinion at all.

SE is willing to make the game an ARPG, put it into parts, pad the s*** outta the games to make all the parts full length games (which is already going to take vast liberties with how the story plays out), but changing the story to have Aerith live is going too far? Lmao.

Changing the fundamental backbone of the messages and themes of the game is definitely too far, yes. It's quite literally the defining moment of the game.
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Calling it. They're changing the plot to a significant degree (spoilers)
  • Post New Message