• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Calling it. They're changing the plot to a significant degree (spoilers)

User Info: PK_Spam

PK_Spam
4 days ago#1
And I bet the first major change is going to be them letting Aerith live.
https://i.imgur.com/hCHZS1f.gif

User Info: Litane

Litane
4 days ago#2
PK_Spam posted...
And I bet the first major change is going to be them letting Aerith live.

Only way I could see them doing that is in an optional, non canon DLC or something. Not in the main game, no way, it's the defining moment of the entire story.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 days ago#3
It won't be the first major change because that would happen in like the 5th game at the pace they're going.
bloop

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 days ago#4
I think they're more likely to keep some Avalanche members alive.

User Info: raihidara

raihidara
4 days ago#5
Personally I think Aerith will die but instead of later it will be near the climax of this game.

User Info: YRYRDZ

YRYRDZ
4 days ago#6
blitz_0623 posted...
we see the fallen plate in the trailer and it's just the three original survivors
Play games.

User Info: yoshitora7

yoshitora7
4 days ago#7
blitz_0623 posted...

Agree, there will be probably be some kind of choice or requirement (eg: recruit a certain number of Avalanche volunteers) to keep Jessie, Biggs and Wedge alive.

As for Aerith, it's hard to say. I'm betting that she will still get impaled by Sephiroth at the City of Ancients but there will be a way to revive her later on the story (maybe after Cloud regains his memories from the Lifestream or something)
YRYRDZ posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
we see the fallen plate in the trailer and it's just the three original survivors

I wonder how they're going to die, though. Before, they died because the plate came down on them along with the tower, but in the remake, the tower is still standing even after the plate falls.

My guess is they'll actually die in combat this time around, rather than be crushed by the falling plate.

Either that, or that shot at the end is NOT from the top of the pillar tower, but from some other platform you come across while climbing up towards Shinra HQ.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 days ago#9
Duh to the topic title, yeah right to the rest.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
4 days ago#10
Aerith is not going to live.

It's too big a plot scenario to change. They're smart enough (or at least I hope so) to know that the fanbase will not react favorable to such a dramatic change.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Calling it. They're changing the plot to a significant degree (spoilers)
  • Post New Message