• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. New SOLDIER character

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
5 days ago#31
Chidodood posted...

For how grounded this game looked for a FF game, that was disappointing as all hell. Hope he gets immediately ended

Grounded? Gun arm guy, girl able to martial arts giant robotic walking tanks, giant scorpion spider bot able to run along walls and jump all over the place, summons, magic, etc? I don’t know what your idea of grounded is but it’s drastically different than mine haha.

Also SOLDIER is kind of a joke that’s the whole point they’ve made since the original. Seph, Zack and some of the older days of SOLDIER were the heroes. Then after killing Zack and abandoning Cloud they kinda just left them alone and put them on back log. But all the Soldier you fought in the original game were just canon fodder and not really anything to worry about. Think they’re just trying to show that Cloud isn’t aaaalll that special and some of Soldier is still around and able to do the kinds of things he can too.

and again, I'm not judging the game. I'm just expecting less of what I wanted personally off of that alone. You have to understand that Metal Gear is my favorite series, and stuff like this disappoints. MGS 2 is trash to me personally but didn't bring the series down. In MGS4 when Johnny and Meryl are dancing and proposing to each other while fighting was just way too much for me, but MGS4 is still one of my faves.

Ah ok I get it now. MGS4 is one of my least favorite in the series and MGS 2 is probably my favorite (though 3 had better gameplay). So just intrinsically differences in what brings joy and excitement. Still if you enjoyed the original FFVII you should be expecting some ridiculousness since the original was kinda riddled with it and they’re trying to retain some of it while also updating it to be more serious overall. But if they abandon all the silliness then old fans will hate and trash on the game. Can’t win for losing.

User Info: N3wdisea5e

N3wdisea5e
5 days ago#32
It was the only thing that I f***ing hated from whole trailer

User Info: DullahanEX

DullahanEX
5 days ago#33
Right FFVII never had any weird over the top s***.

Pre-order cancelled. Game is trash etc

Ok
Currently Playing: Nioh (PS4), StellaGlow (3DS), FE Fates: Birthright, Summon Night 5 (PSV/PSP), Disgaea 5 (PS4), Ar Tonelico Series [Ar Tonelico 2] (PS2)
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Chidodood

Chidodood
5 days ago#34
Justicecho posted...
Chidodood posted...

For how grounded this game looked for a FF game, that was disappointing as all hell. Hope he gets immediately ended

Grounded? Gun arm guy, girl able to martial arts giant robotic walking tanks, giant scorpion spider bot able to run along walls and jump all over the place, summons, magic, etc? I don’t know what your idea of grounded is but it’s drastically different than mine haha.

Also SOLDIER is kind of a joke that’s the whole point they’ve made since the original. Seph, Zack and some of the older days of SOLDIER were the heroes. Then after killing Zack and abandoning Cloud they kinda just left them alone and put them on back log. But all the Soldier you fought in the original game were just canon fodder and not really anything to worry about. Think they’re just trying to show that Cloud isn’t aaaalll that special and some of Soldier is still around and able to do the kinds of things he can too.

and again, I'm not judging the game. I'm just expecting less of what I wanted personally off of that alone. You have to understand that Metal Gear is my favorite series, and stuff like this disappoints. MGS 2 is trash to me personally but didn't bring the series down. In MGS4 when Johnny and Meryl are dancing and proposing to each other while fighting was just way too much for me, but MGS4 is still one of my faves.

Ah ok I get it now. MGS4 is one of my least favorite in the series and MGS 2 is probably my favorite (though 3 had better gameplay). So just intrinsically differences in what brings joy and excitement. Still if you enjoyed the original FFVII you should be expecting some ridiculousness since the original was kinda riddled with it and they’re trying to retain some of it while also updating it to be more serious overall. But if they abandon all the silliness then old fans will hate and trash on the game. Can’t win for losing.

Grounded for a FF game. The combat looks grounded. Cloud has stances, he isn't flying every where like Sora getting swung around by his keyblade. Original game was turned based and didn't have cutscenes where people where jumping around doing Bollywood flips, so that just doesn't go with the game at all. Hopefully he is not a character and just a crappy enemy type for the motorcycle section.
Fc: 118-0404-7126/ PSN&xbox: Chidodood/ FFXIV:ARR (Marlboro: Kaleva)
"Our boss is not White Tiger >-> <-<; "

User Info: Chidodood

Chidodood
5 days ago#35
DullahanEX posted...
Right FFVII never had any weird over the top s***.

Pre-order cancelled. Game is trash etc

Ok

oh another one. Nice of you to join us
Fc: 118-0404-7126/ PSN&xbox: Chidodood/ FFXIV:ARR (Marlboro: Kaleva)
"Our boss is not White Tiger >-> <-<; "

User Info: Zoboro7772

Zoboro7772
5 days ago#36
Some people are stupid. So what if he flipped his motor? The SOLDIERS members are supposed to be superhuman characters with first-class being borderline One man army and doing some anime s***.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
5 days ago#37
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
Friend of mine pointed out that he had Zack's sword, so who the hell is he?

It's not ZAck's sword, it's basic Shinra noob sword, pic related https://image.prntscr.com/image/nRtd39F1S5uZ_A1GFfE8Hg.png
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016

User Info: Toan

Toan
5 days ago#38
I agree with TC. In fact, they should remove combat all together. Fighting is SO unrealistic and just impossible to be in the real world like that.
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
5 days ago#39
It'd be actually pretty cool if they eliminated random no name SOLDIER random encounters and instead any SOLDIER enemies we encounter are actual characters in this remake, however minor they may be.

This dude may be a boss fight that might yield Cloud's Hardedge that we saw in the E3 trailer.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: zak234

zak234
5 days ago#40
Nomura wants advent children fight in Remake. Also Nomura changed Daytona bike original and used the Advent Children old concept version 1 Daytona, while version 2 bike was in Advent Children.
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. New SOLDIER character
  • Post New Message