• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Pacing vs underused midgar? Discuss.

User Info: Kidd Universe

Kidd Universe
1 month ago#31
i remember playing FF7 when it first came out. Midgar took a long time to complete. When you finally stepped onto the world map it was shocking. It was like "whoa! this was just one town!?"

the idea that Midgar wasn't that fleshed out is asinine.
"Please realize that you do not have free speech here." - Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#32
Guru_Clef posted...
Playing it for the first time I had no idea the Midgar portion would end so suddenly. I was hoping to explore more of it, and now I can! Yeeeeee!

Exactly this. It took me probably 10 hours the first time and I thought the whole game was going to be there (and would have been happy with that at the time). Then I left and was in awe at the expanse of the world, especially the flashback in Kalm.

When we finally got the chance to go back to Midgar later in the game, I was excited, as I thought it would open up a ton more. I am excited that we will at least be opening up Midgar a bit more than before.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#33
BreakevenCloud posted...
From the sounds of all the interviews, it seems to me that Midgar only was not the initial plan, however, as they started deving, it became abundantly clear to them that Midgar was going to be massive due to whatever they were already doing, so they changed plans to make that the first entry.

I dunno what that means for the game, but due to it, seemingly, happening organically as they were making the game, it seems like a there’s not going to be a bunch of forced padding.

Anyway - yes, the game could flesh AVALANCHE out more and it be a very good thing. Their demise was so rushed and not very impactful to me on my first run. You barely learn their names before they’re gone. I’d like more depth there, for sure.

Heck, I'd just like more depth on the whole thing. More depth to the Shinra heads, more depth on the plates and the slums and their respective citizens, more depth on the other sectors we never visited, more depth on the AVALANCHE members and their origins of the team, more depth on what the community thought of AVALANCHE and Shinra and how their daily lives worked, etc. Like, what do the people in the slums who aren't store/restaurant/bar owners do for a living to afford going to these places? What are the people on the plates doing for a living?

And that's just Midgar alone. The rest of the world? There was a lot of questions I had regarding a lot of things, like lore, politics, daily life, and such.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#34
LOOOPS posted...
I wonder if there will be post game content. Can't have a full sized game RPG without a post game nowadays.

I think it will be more "before the ending" post game content. As in, you can't play beyond the ending but you have a bunch of optional stuff before the ending you can do that works like post-game content.

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 month ago#35
WTGHookshot posted...
BreakevenCloud posted...
From the sounds of all the interviews, it seems to me that Midgar only was not the initial plan, however, as they started deving, it became abundantly clear to them that Midgar was going to be massive due to whatever they were already doing, so they changed plans to make that the first entry.

I dunno what that means for the game, but due to it, seemingly, happening organically as they were making the game, it seems like a there’s not going to be a bunch of forced padding.

Anyway - yes, the game could flesh AVALANCHE out more and it be a very good thing. Their demise was so rushed and not very impactful to me on my first run. You barely learn their names before they’re gone. I’d like more depth there, for sure.

Heck, I'd just like more depth on the whole thing. More depth to the Shinra heads, more depth on the plates and the slums and their respective citizens, more depth on the other sectors we never visited, more depth on the AVALANCHE members and their origins of the team, more depth on what the community thought of AVALANCHE and Shinra and how their daily lives worked, etc. Like, what do the people in the slums who aren't store/restaurant/bar owners do for a living to afford going to these places? What are the people on the plates doing for a living?

And that's just Midgar alone. The rest of the world? There was a lot of questions I had regarding a lot of things, like lore, politics, daily life, and such.

Agreed. There is tons the Remake can expand on and it be a perfectly good thing

User Info: Insane_Shark

Insane_Shark
1 month ago#36
Kidd Universe posted...
Midgar took a long time to complete.

LOL Are you high or were you just that bad at the game? Finishing Midgar takes no time at all.

User Info: olk3034

olk3034
1 month ago#37
BreakevenCloud posted...

How much are they paying you bro?
http://i.imgur.com/lvzLhiZ.jpg

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#38
olk3034 posted...
How much are they paying you bro?

I wish I could get paid to talk up a game on message boards ;(
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Pacing vs underused midgar? Discuss.
  • Topic Archived