You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would You Watch A "Live" Action Final Fantasy VII Movie?

User Info: HylianShield

HylianShield
6 days ago#1
Would You? Explain Please.

I think Hollywood can probably pull this off with the right casting. Especially if they can get someone attractive who looks like Aerith, Yuffie, and Tifa. What do you think?

Also here's the upcoming "Monster Hunter" live action movie:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MynvB05HhAI

Looks pretty cool right?
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#2
No. I highly doubt they could capture the feel of it with a live-action production.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Ikagura

Ikagura
6 days ago#3
Why do you have to remind me of that horrible MH movie? Makes me want to vomit. As for the live action FFVII, I bet that guy playing as Cloud be jacked and shredded as hell πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
A Mod/Admin said on 7/17/2018 12:12:43 PM:
The random bolding and caps of words is very disruptive and distracting for conversation. Please tone it down.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#4
It would be more realistic if is a Lego Movie than a live action movie, though.
[Its devolution, Baby.]

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
6 days ago#5
It would be terrible.
bloop

User Info: YRYRDZ

YRYRDZ
6 days ago#6
sounds awful
You know, if you really think about it, calling someone pretentious is one of the most pretentious things you can do.

User Info: dentedsky

dentedsky
6 days ago#7
yes i want it i don't care

well we'll see how the ff14 live action movie will go... i feel like that would be harder to do than ff7
i dunno what to put here

User Info: Kalta79

Kalta79
5 days ago#8
Advent Children graphically was live action enough, and I just think it'd be too hard to find the right people who actually look like the characters who also have the acting skills they'll need. Though I think Johnny Depp could pull off Vincent, who reminded me of Jack Sparrow in AC/DoC appearance wise. A live action movie would just ruin FF7 imo.
Reno is my favorite FFVII character. If you don't like him, that's your problem, not mine.

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
5 days ago#9
I'd watch something FF7 inspired (I mean I'd wantch anything but I'd prefer inspired)
The Matrix was a more entertaining experience than the live action Ghost in the Shell
That and you don't have to hear from the idiots who expect 1 to 1 adaptations between different mediums

The worst are manga readers who say stuff like "This was animated so much better in the manga than in the anime." With what flip art? Idiots.
(I feel strongly against those people)
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
5 days ago#10
I’d watch it. But I’d rather a different game in the series get live actioned. VII already has AC and with the style of filming, choreo and style of characters and world I think it’d just get compared to AC too much to ever be able to be considered decent.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would You Watch A "Live" Action Final Fantasy VII Movie?