• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Apparently Tifa is "Easternized" and Aerith is "Westernized"

User Info: hitachi7

hitachi7
1 year ago#1
I actually thought it was the opposite. Sorry if this already has a ton of threads. Someone give me bullet points as to why this is the case. What makes Tifa eastern and Aerith western that is.

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
1 year ago#2
Aeris:
-Wears clothing that more closely resembles a European-style dress (I don't know if it actually is one but it pretty clearly takes more influence than Japanese).
-Her hair is a light shade of brown
-She has green eyes.
-She's frequently seen holding a flower basket with a western type of design.
-Her ribbon on her hair is tied in a style more emblematic of the west than the east.

Tifa:

-Has brown eyes
-Has a dark shade of brown hair
-She's a martial artist, which naturally is associated more with eastern countries than western ones.
-Her ponytail is tied tightly together, closer to something like a Japanese topknot.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 year ago#3
What is this, Groundhog Day?
http://i.imgur.com/vHUrCJb.png

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
1 year ago#4
GROUNDHOG DAY!!!

It's groundhog day every day on Gamefaqs, nothing but repeat topics for days now.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
1 year ago#5
DylanYoshi posted...
Aeris:
-Wears clothing that more closely resembles a European-style dress (I don't know if it actually is one but it pretty clearly takes more influence than Japanese).
-Her hair is a light shade of brown
-She has green eyes.
-She's frequently seen holding a flower basket with a western type of design.
-Her ribbon on her hair is tied in a style more emblematic of the west than the east.

Tifa:

-Has brown eyes
-Has a dark shade of brown hair
-She's a martial artist, which naturally is associated more with eastern countries than western ones.
-Her ponytail is tied tightly together, closer to something like a Japanese topknot.

Plus to me Aerith always looked White (a lot British and Irish girls I see look like they could be her base model) while Tifa always gave me an Asian (namely Japanese) or Eurasian appearance and I've seen a number of girls that looked like they could be the base model of Tifa.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: overphx

overphx
1 year ago#6
This topic has been discussed before, yet people ignore it and still insist that Tifa = censorship or nerfed, simply because of her new high thigh and sport bra.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
1 year ago#7
overphx posted...
This topic has been discussed before, yet people ignore it and still insist that Tifa = censorship or nerfed, simply because of her new high thigh and sport bra.

@overphx Might want to read the topic. This isn't a censorship topic and it was never discussed in this topic until you brought it up...
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: a_marth_user

a_marth_user
1 year ago#8
overphx posted...

Another mindless sjw
Shark is love.Shark is life.

User Info: overphx

overphx
1 year ago#9
xOmniCloudx posted...
overphx posted...

@overphx Might want to read the topic. This isn't a censorship topic and it was never discussed in this topic until you brought it up...

People on this board complained about her new design because of it, which they turned out to be wrong.

The fact that Noruma wants Tifa to be more asian has been mentioned in the other topics. This topic is a repeat of said fact.

a_marth_user posted...
overphx posted...

Another mindless sjw

I'm all for facts, that doesn't make me a SJW.

Learn the difference.

User Info: a_marth_user

a_marth_user
1 year ago#10
overphx posted...
xOmniCloudx posted...
overphx posted...

People on this board complained about her new design because of it, which they turned out to be wrong.

The fact that Noruma wants Tifa to be more asian has been mentioned in the other topics. This topic is a repeat of said fact.

a_marth_user posted...
overphx posted...

Another mindless sjw

I'm all for facts, that doesn't make me a SJW.

Learn the difference.

Why try to hide your identity ? Your hands are painted red all over
Shark is love.Shark is life.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Apparently Tifa is "Easternized" and Aerith is "Westernized"
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A