• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Are Yuffie and Vincent important

User Info: squarion

squarion
9 months ago#1
Just vote - Results (240 votes)
Yes
77.92% (187 votes)
No
22.08% (53 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The answer is yes
Favorite Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country 2

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
9 months ago#2
Since they were optional and almost cut from the original game, technically no. Hopefully they get good coverage in this remake.

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
9 months ago#3
FFVII wouldn't be FFVII without the great Yuffie. Best character in the entire series.

User Info: RoyMustang1990

RoyMustang1990
9 months ago#4
They were already dlc back then too.you just got them for free
My waifu is Riza Hawkeye. " I'm going to close my account.you win roymustang1990" - tappor

User Info: ChrisTaka

ChrisTaka
9 months ago#5
Vincent is more important than Yuffie due to his connection to Sephiroth's mother. I was actually surprised that he was optional after learning about his back story.
Knowledge is having the right answer. Intelligence is asking the right question

User Info: -MrMojoRisin-

-MrMojoRisin-
9 months ago#6
Don't touch my Yuffie.
PSN o-MrMojoRisin-o
Embrace the Journey - https://youtu.be/UzC0MEDHcv4

User Info: SoullessRaptor

SoullessRaptor
9 months ago#7
I'd say they are, tangentially. Yuffie is a huge exposition source about Wutai, and Vincent about Hojo

User Info: lorddrakath1522

lorddrakath1522
9 months ago#8
RoyMustang1990 posted...
They were already dlc back then too.you just got them for free

Do you know what dlc means?

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
9 months ago#9
Yuffie is required to get insight about the settlements that actually oppose(d) Shinra, since you barely ever see a reason in the game for them building a ridiculously giant cannon on their continent. That thing is basically like Trump succeeding in building a huge wall all around the USA. She's also the impulsive youngling to contrast some of the older and wiser party members.

Vincent gives a lot of insight in how far Shinra went down with experiments and especially how f***ed up Hojo is. I believe he can be used a lot better to show what the Turks are all about and how it is like to believe in their goals at the start and then what it is like when you realize what is really going on.

I actually feel like Cait Sith is less important than them in the way he was presented, as Reeve could have been a lot more involved to showcase the good and bad sides of Shinra. He came all the way to an executive seat before he started having second thoughts.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
9 months ago#10
ChrisTaka posted...
Vincent is more important than Yuffie due to his connection to Sephiroth's mother. I was actually surprised that he was optional after learning about his back story.

This was before DoC, and the main quest is really just to defeat Sephiroth, and we know just enough to know why Cloud has to stop him.

Things like back story outside of the heroes and flesh out other characters is a great reward for side-quests and other miscellaneous tasks -- reasons to go off the intended route and explore a little bit.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Are Yuffie and Vincent important
  • Topic Archived