• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How faithful to the original game do you want this remake to be?

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
3 months ago#1
Just how much? - Results (645 votes)
Extremely, I want everything in the original, with turn-based combat, but updated graphics, sound, and voice acting
21.4% (138 votes)
Very, I'd like everything mentioned above, plus some extra content and/or different features to expand the experience
38.76% (250 votes)
Somewhat, I'd be fine with some twirks here and there, with minor changes in story, world or gameplay
29.77% (192 votes)
A little, I'd like action-based battles over the ATB system, as well as major changes in story/characters/world/gameplay
6.67% (43 votes)
Very little, I want a brand new FFVII experience, completely different from what the original version was like
3.41% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I want to have a better reading on what the fans want. Many things have been said and opinions shared, but some sort of consensus would be pretty useful and good to have.
Here lies the sig of BK_Sheikah00, who swore fealty to the Gurus of Board 8.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 months ago#2
I dont understand why some people continue to insist on atb system for this remake when it's already certain that it will be mostly action oriented, that is NOT an unknown aspect so it's pointless continuing to circle around it.

Anyway, im ok as long as the key plot points are kept (plus the most important characters being recognizable).....in other words there is no option that i can choose,lol
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Guru_Clef

Guru_Clef
3 months ago#3
Neither of the above. I don’t care what kind of battle system they use, but would like the story and characters to be faithful to the original while hopefully expanding on the lore some.

User Info: dsaddict

dsaddict
3 months ago#4
The script, art, character designs, and compositions all need to be faithful. The battle system changing is something I already came to terms with.
"I look like a boss, I feel like a boss, I taste like a boss..." Max B

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
3 months ago#5
Faithful, but not entirely predictable. I should still know the sequence of major plot points, but I shouldn’t know everything that’s going to happen as if I’m playing the original.

Or else I would just play the original.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
3 months ago#6
About 60-75%. I'm not really interested in playing a beat-for-beat remake. I'd get a bit bored of that if every beat feels too familiar. I want some surprises and expansions that make me go "Huh, I never thought about that before."

Even if I don't like where that could go, it'll be years of debate material.

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
3 months ago#7
90%
https://imgur.com/01hqfpL https://imgur.com/bBmVbul

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
3 months ago#8
I want the main notes of the story to stay intact and for the general flow of the story to remain the same. Additional content, new story segments, etc are absolutely fine, I'm more saying I don't want there to be a lot of retcons for the sake of tying things into the compilation, numerous omissions of stuff from the original story, etc.

As for dungeons and area designs, I'd like for them to at least be recognizable, but obviously it will not be a 1:1 remake when it comes to this, and I would be fine with them greatly expanding on the dungeons/areas and making them a lot more explorable. This is pretty much a given, anyway.

Other than that, I'm not worried about what they do. I'm fine with it being ARPG. I'm sure the music will be fantastic if the samples we've heard so far are anything to go by, too, so not too concerned in that department.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: amerk

amerk
3 months ago#9
WindMouseHanpan posted...
I want the main notes of the story to stay intact and for the general flow of the story to remain the same. Additional content, new story segments, etc are absolutely fine, I'm more saying I don't want there to be a lot of retcons for the sake of tying things into the compilation, numerous omissions of stuff from the original story, etc.

As for dungeons and area designs, I'd like for them to at least be recognizable, but obviously it will not be a 1:1 remake when it comes to this, and I would be fine with them greatly expanding on the dungeons/areas and making them a lot more explorable. This is pretty much a given, anyway.

Other than that, I'm not worried about what they do. I'm fine with it being ARPG. I'm sure the music will be fantastic if the samples we've heard so far are anything to go by, too, so not too concerned in that department.

I'm with you on this. As much as I love turn based, I'm kind of excited to see it action, so long as we have means of dictating how the AI should respond when characters are not in our control.

Although, I do hope they fix Wedge's voice so he doesn't sound like Lady Elaine from Mr. Roger's Make Believe Land:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm5PQJ5gJ4M

https://youtu.be/A3sBZ5Nr4hc?t=61

User Info: NeithOF

NeithOF
3 months ago#10
350% faithful, i want all the spelling mistakes in, i want blocky Popeye arms and massive unnatural breasts for Tifa. I want it all, i want the exact same game, anything less than that means the game will be s***, s***!!
The realization of one of my dreams came with the beginning of a nightmare. - Roberto Ferrari 2016
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How faithful to the original game do you want this remake to be?
  • Topic Archived