You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone know what the new Mirages are and where you can imprism them?

User Info: PaleVoyager

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#1
I found Largebuncle in the Tometown Library, Mel next to the Coliseum counter, and Shiva-Ixion and Syldra in the Coliseum after doing the Intervention missions (are there only three?)

I still not sure what all the new content even is, exactly. Even with articles listing it, that doesn't tell me where to activate or find it all.
Indivijul Situation.

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
1 week ago#2
Several of them are scattered around in new Murkrifts, such as a new unicorn is in the ice region.

After you find them, they're added to the coliseum to rematch as often as you like.

User Info: CriseDX

CriseDX
1 week ago#3
PaleVoyager posted...
I found Largebuncle in the Tometown Library, Mel next to the Coliseum counter, and Shiva-Ixion and Syldra in the Coliseum after doing the Intervention missions (are there only three?)

I still not sure what all the new content even is, exactly. Even with articles listing it, that doesn't tell me where to activate or find it all.

1. There is readable lore bits (key items) all over the game now (e.g. on the Coliseum floor there is a shining thing on the ground or in Sherlottas in talk to a cat etc.) -- Yes, you do have to find them all to unlock some of the new avatar changes
2. Some of the new mirages are in additional Murkrifts (e.g. Ponini in the area between ice region and Saronia)
3. Majority of the stuff besides those two groups seem to/should unlock after you unlock EX dungeon
4. New mirages that do not appear as murkrifts or in the Coliseum are in the additional EX dugeon
5. There are some added coliseum encounters for Arma Gems and Time Attack mode in Coliseum.
6. Noctis minigame will eventually unlock (you will get a tutorial prompt about someone fishing in Besaid pier) -- Yes, you will have to... as they say get good in this game to unlock Noctis as avatar change

That ought to get you started... I don't know the exact conditions for unlocking the additional EX dungeon or Enna Kros fight, but the secret ending is tied to the Immortal Dark Dragon whose quest you can start through a portal in Crystal Tower.
(edited 1 week ago)

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#4
CriseDX posted...
PaleVoyager posted...

1. There is readable lore bits (key items) all over the game now (e.g. on the Coliseum floor there is a shining thing on the ground or in Sherlottas in talk to a cat etc.) -- Yes, you do have to find them all to unlock some of the new avatar changes
2. Some of the new mirages are in additional Murkrifts (e.g. Ponini in the area between ice region and Saronia)
3. Majority of the stuff besides those two groups seem to/should unlock after you unlock EX dungeon
4. New mirages that do not appear as murkrifts or in the Coliseum are in the additional EX dugeon
5. There are some added coliseum encounters for Arma Gems and Time Attack mode in Coliseum.
6. Noctis minigame will eventually unlock (you will get a tutorial prompt about someone fishing in Besaid pier) -- Yes, you will have to... as they say get good in this game to unlock Noctis as avatar change

That ought to get you started... I don't know the exact conditions for unlocking the additional EX dungeon or Enna Kros fight, but the secret ending is tied to the Immortal Dark Dragon whose quest you can start through a portal in Crystal Tower.

Thank you for the clarification. Any idea how many of these murkrifts there are?
Indivijul Situation.

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#5
Edit:
A Murkrift at the Rainbow Shore
A Murkrift at the top of the first screen in Big Bridge
A Murkrift accessed from the Airship
Indivijul Situation.

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 week ago#6
Any chance any one have a full list of all the new Mirages?
Steam: ZodiacSolder // i5-8600K // Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E // EVGA RTX 2080 XC
PSN/XBox: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#7
ZodiacSoldier posted...
Any chance any one have a full list of all the new Mirages?

There isn't really any info from what I can find.
Hell, I still don't even know how to access the new EX dungeon.
Indivijul Situation.

User Info: Gillke1990

Gillke1990
1 week ago#8
Mecha Choco = Airship Crystal Tower Murkrift
Ponini = ice Region Murkrift
Dramut = Rainbow Shore Murkrift
Devil Wolf = Big Bridge Murkrift
Daigoro/Gamit/Yojimbo = Ex Dung Cystal Tower or maybe a murkrift too?
Lesser Coeurl/Moomba/Coeurl = Phantom sands 4th Area Hole or Ex Dung Crystal Tower
Garland =Ex Dung Crystal Tower
Marilith = Ex Dung Crystal Tower
Lich = Ex Dung Crystal Tower
Largebuncle = Tometown Book Order Murkrift
Shiva-Ixion = Coliseum or Intervention forgot
Mel = Coliseum
Syldra = forgot

Defeating Enna Kros and Black Dragon only nets u mega exiler and mega Ether

For the Six Seals for the fight against Black Dragon fly airship and look for ??? Places. (Heads up get some seraphones)

Ex Dung u get from completing game and its at top of crystal tower in the threshold room

As for the ending its the same just a new Scene after the credits wich just gives u a hint

Btw Theres a Maxima page on gfaq
PSN: X-x- -Cloud- -x-X Final Fantasy XIV Omega server: Switch SW-6203-5783-0327 MHGU
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Muramune99

Muramune99
1 week ago#9
Gillke1990 posted...
Mecha Choco = Airship Crystal Tower Murkrift
Ponini = ice Region Murkrift
Dramut = Rainbow Shore Murkrift
Devil Wolf = Big Bridge Murkrift
Daigoro/Gamit/Yojimbo = Ex Dung Cystal Tower random battle
Lesser Coeurl/Moomba/Coeurl = Phantom sands 4th Area Hole or Ex Dung Crystal Tower random battle
Garland =Ex Dung Crystal Tower (just beat)
Marilith = Ex Dung Crystal Tower (just beat)
Lich = Ex Dung Crystal Tower (just beat)
Largebuncle = Tometown Book Order Murkrift
Shiva-Ixion = Coliseum
Mel = Coliseum (next to right door)
Syldra = Coliseum (massive damage stipulation)

Defeating Enna Kros and Black Dragon only nets u mega exiler and mega Ether

For the Six Seals for the fight against Black Dragon fly airship and look for ??? Places. (Heads up get some seraphones)

Ex Dung u get from completing game and its at top of crystal tower in the threshold room.

As for the ending its the same just a new Scene after the credits wich just gives u a hint

Btw Theres a Maxima page on gfaq

I made a few corrections on this.

The game really made me curious about revisiting everywhere to find more mirages. The hours I wasted doing so were not that bad though.
Final Fantasy VII Personal Trophy:
All Weapons defeated on Disc 2, no summons used.

PaleVoyager
1 week ago#10
Big ups for all the info. Thanks a ton.

There's a Mirage called Sylphine I encountered in the Ultimate Dungeon as well.
Indivijul Situation.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. World of Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone know what the new Mirages are and where you can imprism them?