• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Andysirr

Andysirr
1 month ago#1
Hello guys!
I'm a bit late but finally i'm playing this game and it's really awesome!!
But i'm kinda confused about the weapons... how many types of weapons this game have? And is the "Shadow" the best version for each type?
Please, help me! Thanks a lot for the answer
I wanna make sure to have all the best weapons :)

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 month ago#2
there's 11 weapon types (some are sub weapon types like sharpshot/war/hunter bow), with three added in the Frozen Wilds dlc. there's also traps and weapons you can grab from enemies

in the base game Shadow Carja is the best type, but completing the Hunting Grounds will award you with three weapons that are better than Shadow Carja

there is another step above that if you play the DLC though, which is highly recommended because it is awesome
"...i remember surrounding a coupla chimps outside a Kenny Rogers Roasters dude, off of highway 190."

User Info: CJT999

CJT999
1 month ago#3
Berating gave you great info. The only thing I'd add is that you get access to a new set of all the main game weapons when you start a "New Game +" playthrough (called NG+) after you finish the main game the first time. These "Adept" weapons each have an extra modification slot that, theoretically, allows you to make them more powerful than their first playthrough counterparts.

User Info: Andysirr

Andysirr
1 month ago#4
Berating posted...
there's 11 weapon types (some are sub weapon types like sharpshot/war/hunter bow), with three added in the Frozen Wilds dlc. there's also traps and weapons you can grab from enemies

in the base game Shadow Carja is the best type, but completing the Hunting Grounds will award you with three weapons that are better than Shadow Carja

there is another step above that if you play the DLC though, which is highly recommended because it is awesome

Thanks!
Can you tell me which are these 11 weapons?
More for information
The merchants i've come across till now only have 4-5 weapons

CJT999 posted...
Berating gave you great info. The only thing I'd add is that you get access to a new set of all the main game weapons when you start a "New Game +" playthrough (called NG+) after you finish the main game the first time. These "Adept" weapons each have an extra modification slot that, theoretically, allows you to make them more powerful than their first playthrough counterparts.

Oooh! Awesome
Althought i'm a bit too far to the New Game+ haha
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A