• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. How is the aiming setup in this game?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 months ago#1
Is it like Red Dead 2? I don't like how its setup in RDR2 as aiming with a joystick is not very pleasant for me like that. Or is it like God of War?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
3 months ago#2
Normal difficulty have aim assist.
I'm now playing NG+ very hard, aim assist is locked off. Don't know about hard.

Fade2black001
3 months ago#3
kiss_utama posted...
Normal difficulty have aim assist.
I'm now playing NG+ very hard, aim assist is locked off. Don't know about hard.

So without Aim assist the aiming is like GTA or RDR?

kiss_utama
3 months ago#4
With aim assist you can aim next to the ear and still score a headshot. Without aim assist you will miss.

With aim assist you can aim for the machine component, shoot, the machine moves and the arrow becomes heat seeking missile. Without aim assist you will miss.

Play without aim assist means you must often enter the adrenaline slow motion mode to take a shot, else you must be good at predicting the trajectory of the arrow and the machine movement.

Want it easy play with aim assist. Want a challenge and practice for NG+ very hard & ultra hard don't use it.

Fade2black001
3 months ago#5
kiss_utama posted...
With aim assist you can aim next to the ear and still score a headshot. Without aim assist you will miss.

With aim assist you can aim for the machine component, shoot, the machine moves and the arrow becomes heat seeking missile. Without aim assist you will miss.

Play without aim assist means you must often enter the adrenaline slow motion mode to take a shot, else you must be good at predicting the trajectory of the arrow and the machine movement.

Want it easy play with aim assist. Want a challenge and practice for NG+ very hard & ultra hard don't use it.

I just hate aiming with a controller. I am not used to it as I am a mouse and keyboard kind of guy for these thing

kiss_utama
3 months ago#6
Fade2black001 posted...
I just hate aiming with a controller. I am not used to it as I am a mouse and keyboard kind of guy for these thing
you must remember you ain't Rambo in this game coming out hot blazing your fire power. No, you're a hunter. So you sneak in bushes, aim carefully and strike when enemy let its guard down, or when they stop, etc.

Actually even Rambo did that when he was using bow & arrow.

So no need to be quick (except for the hunting trials, it's time based and I really hate that), what you need is to be precise.

Fade2black001
3 months ago#7
ok

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#8
Aiming is good in this game. I actually sold my copy GTA V on PS4 due to god awful controls.

Fade2black001
3 months ago#9
GNS1991 posted...
Aiming is good in this game. I actually sold my copy GTA V on PS4 due to god awful controls.

I got the game for 10 bucks and still in the intro section of the game and haven't done any killing yet.

I played GTA V on PC and its really good. I can't imagine playing the game with a controller

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#10
You will get to kill machines after Alloy is an adult, where you have to gather fire arrows. The whole intro section is just to acquaint yourself with the controls. Regarding GTA V, no s***, I used to wonder why people who post videos playing GTA are so bad at driving and/or shooting, now I know.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. How is the aiming setup in this game?
  • Topic Closed