You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Are there any secrets in this game that aren't posted on the world map?

User Info: yodalovesu

yodalovesu
1 month ago#1
Topic. Just curious. All of my jaunts off the main path so far have just lead to a dead end.

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#2
Don't know about secret, but there's this...

https://www.thegamer.com/15-awesome-areas-in-horizon-zero-dawn-you-didnt-know-about/
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: thoul

thoul
1 month ago#3
I think that easter egg with the rabbits isn't on the map. And a lot of the scenic spots don't appear, like that link cougre posted covers, but otherwise I can't think of any interesting areas that don't appear on the map.

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
1 month ago#4
There are some collectibles that are easter egg references to other games that you may, or may not miss while running around.

There is also a side quest that is easy to miss if you don’t do enough exploring and run into it.

You may have to look these up to find them or understand the easter egg references if you don’t know the games referenced.
Sup?

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#5
Found this as well...

https://screenrant.com/horizon-zero-dawn-game-easter-eggs-hidden-secrets/
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: yodalovesu

yodalovesu
1 month ago#6
Cool thanks everyone for the responses.

@cougre nice finds in both links, thanks

User Info: xvROSSvx

xvROSSvx
1 month ago#7
It's not really a secret but more just attention to detail that I thought was interesting; you can find the designated cauldron symbol located somewhere on each machine. Whichever machine override codes are offered from a cauldron, those machines will have that specific symbol.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Are there any secrets in this game that aren't posted on the world map?