You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. I cant remember the last time I've had such a love/hate relationship with a game

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#11
@KronoCloud posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
I'm really irritated by these action encounters. The game is not made for this.

Action encounters?

Non-stealth encounters.

User Info: KronoCloud

KronoCloud
1 month ago#12
DarkSymbiote posted...
@KronoCloud posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Action encounters?

Non-stealth encounters.

Yeah they are a bit clumsy. But I don’t mind taking a more stealthy approach to combat since Ive spent the last couple months playing Bloodborne and Devil May Cry 3.
Musical output: soundcloud.com/jayphilly
dotwav.blogspot.com

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 month ago#13
Y’all haters
Sigful user.

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
1 month ago#14
DarkSymbiote posted...
@KronoCloud posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Action encounters?

Non-stealth encounters.

Well, there are some I frames, though I dont know the specifics of the mechanic. I personally enjoy the rolling then jumping to prock slow time and hit crit spots. Sometimes I lay off the ropes, ice sling, r3 strat and just kill with jump shots. Loads of fun :)

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#15
WarDog2016 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@KronoCloud posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Action encounters?

Non-stealth encounters.

Well, there are some I frames, though I dont know the specifics of the mechanic. I personally enjoy the rolling then jumping to prock slow time and hit crit spots. Sometimes I lay off the ropes, ice sling, r3 strat and just kill with jump shots. Loads of fun :)

I am aware of rolling invincibility but I would still say machines move too fast, have too much health, and their attack range abnormally far.

User Info: Smileytin

Smileytin
1 month ago#16
What I dont like is how condensed everything feels. For a big open world I cant run 50 feet without running into another herd of something. At first I would welcome the fights but it got to the point I was just running from everything because it's too tedious.

The fight never lasts as long as you think it will. Other bots come out of the woodwork. Killing a few bots turns into a 10-15 bot grindfest. I noticed this greatly improved once you get the silent running perk but by that point I was just running passed things instead anyway.

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#17
Smileytin posted...
What I dont like is how condensed everything feels. For a big open world I cant run 50 feet without running into another herd of something. At first I would welcome the fights but it got to the point I was just running from everything because it's too tedious.

The fight never lasts as long as you think it will. Other bots come out of the woodwork. Killing a few bots turns into a 10-15 bot grindfest. I noticed this greatly improved once you get the silent running perk but by that point I was just running passed things instead anyway.

That is unfortunate because you could use the experience early in the game. I do run away now that I'm doing the DLC, but at least I have the best armor in the game to keep me healthy.

User Info: Carrabas

Carrabas
1 month ago#18
Smileytin posted...

Most of the time you can just ignore most machines and gallop/sprint past them, even if they aggro on you. It's only the predators like Sawtooths and Stalkers that will put any effort in attacking and pursueing you.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. I cant remember the last time I've had such a love/hate relationship with a game