You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The sequel needs a better open world
(message deleted)

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
2 months ago#12
rep_HC posted...
I am waiting for the game as big as the Witcher 3 with that good of a story and Darksouls combat. What a triumph that would be, but i dont know if its the technical challenge that is stopping it from being created, or the financial investment to make such a game.

God of War (2018) although it’s not full-blown open world.
Sigful user.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
2 months ago#13
Can we have the cosmetic stuff available in the normal difficulty this time around?
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 month ago#14
Strategia555 posted...
While I agree there needs to be a little more open content and design , I don't want it to go crazy and overdue things to the point it's so convoluted; taking away from the game itself.

This
Now playing: RE2make / Overwatch / RE4 / Horizon Zero Dawn

User Info: KadeAuron

KadeAuron
1 month ago#15
I just wanna be able to climb whatever... and they should definitely work on the melee combat... particularly with humans. THe open world was fine how it was. They should never focus on size... but substance.

Fallout 4 map is way bigger than Skyrim but does it feel like it is?
Psn: KadeAuron {} Pawn Name: Elizah
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SenSx

SenSx
1 month ago#16
I think improving the gameplay is more important.

Fights against machines were ok, but against humans not so much...
Stealth also needs to be better, and platforming is too easy and automatic, it just plays itself.

Also dongeons are boring, with no real puzzles.

They improve everything I listed, and still make battles against robots better and keep the open world at least as good, if not better, and you've got one of the best game ever made
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 month ago#17
SenSx posted...
I think improving the gameplay is more important.

Fights against machines were ok, but against humans not so much...
Stealth also needs to be better, and platforming is too easy and automatic, it just plays itself.

Also dongeons are boring, with no real puzzles.

They improve everything I listed, and still make battles against robots better and keep the open world at least as good, if not better, and you've got one of the best game ever made

I’d like to take Aloy to my dongeon if you know what I mean 😏😉😏😉
Sigful user.

User Info: splat_CAT_52

splat_CAT_52
1 month ago#18
Richardthe3rd posted...
Dunno, I guess I'm weird but I like the semi-linear feel of HZD.

It's just open enough that the scale and beauty of the world makes a great impression, but the pace is curated and directed enough that you never feel like your play is aimless.

Exploration and distraction is there but it doesnt overpower the game to take front and center; it remains more of a Zelda-dish action/adventure RPG.

This is pretty much how I felt as well. I felt just immersed enough in the world without feeling overwhelmed. I can see where others are coming from though.
*Jumps out window & falls to the ground* "Hey! where the hell are my wings!?" -Train Heartnet

User Info: andyp3500

andyp3500
1 month ago#19
Can’t read without paragraphs. I enjoyed the world in this game though.

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
2 weeks ago#20
You could cheese TC's idea with a migration/path system. Have a herd of Longhorns move between 4 field areas over a 10 game day period. A Thunderjaw has an over-lapping loop with some shell-walkers following a specific path between 3 points.

So it won't really be dynamic, but unless you spend all your time following the mob it would feel dynamic.

An example of this is the Hitman Series. Lots of overlaying patterns, but it feels dynamic enough.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The sequel needs a better open world