• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Does Aloy ever get any War Paint, or anything?

User Info: xx_SaintBoot_xx

xx_SaintBoot_xx
3 months ago#1
Seems like a miss opportunity, if not. Other characters do, but her face is so dull, that I have to wonder if it was intentional. I'm not asking for ms universe makeup or anything, but the rest of her design is actually good, just this one area that I find lacking.

Does she get anything like mechanical bones on her outfits from her kills, or anything else? she needs to pirate/jack sparrow or William Wallace that s***.

EDIT: Let's not turn this into an "Aloy is ugly" topic, that is not what I mean when I ask if she has any options for war paint.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons. Meow meow, Choco Chow.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: xvROSSvx

xvROSSvx
3 months ago#2
There are 13 total face paints that can be earned through beating the main story on a NG+ with the difficulty set to hard, very hard, and ultra hard.

Hard:
-Nora Scout
-Carja Noble
-Banuk Aspirant
-Nora Seeker

VH:
-Nora Brave
-Carja Champion
-Banuk Survivor
-Banuk Chieftain
-Banuk Shaman

UH:
-Nora Death-Seeker
-Carja Hawk
-Carja Stalker
-Utaru Plainswalker

Below is a link that will show a picture of each.
https://horizonzerodawn.fandom.com/wiki/Face_paint

There is also a different colour for Aloy's Focus with each difficulty completed. Completing a higher difficulty will earn the rewards for those below if not earned already.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
3 months ago#5
Nora Brave, Nora Seeker and Banuk Chieftain were ranks earned by Aloy during the game. Those should have been giving to her when the ranks were earned. I’m quite disappointed about it now.

Aloy became a Brave. No mark of a Brave.
Aloy was given the mark of a Seeker to identify her as such. No she wasn’t.
Aloy became a Banuk Chieftain. Nope.

I really think this was a missed opportunity to deepen the ritual custom of the cultures to do a short cutscene and apply the earned marks. The rest could still be earned on the harder modes.
Sup?
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PirateKingflcl

PirateKingflcl
3 months ago#6
The mark of the Seeker is an object that Aloy displays on her person, not a mark on her face. It can be seen on the belt of all her outfits after the story event (except for her Outcast clothing).

The names of the Face Paints are more of a fantasy thing, rather than the actual lore. They weren't added until the addition of New Game+ and Ultra Hard. I think that all or close to all of them are just the face paints of other characters in the story rendered on Aloy's face.
Hard work and guts solve everything. If you have a problem that can't be solved with hard work and guts, then you aren't using enough of them.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
3 months ago#9
PirateKingflcl posted...
The mark of the Seeker is an object that Aloy displays on her person, not a mark on her face. It can be seen on the belt of all her outfits after the story event (except for her Outcast clothing).

The names of the Face Paints are more of a fantasy thing, rather than the actual lore. They weren't added until the addition of New Game+ and Ultra Hard. I think that all or close to all of them are just the face paints of other characters in the story rendered on Aloy's face.

Ok, thanks. I didn’t see the mark on her belt. Happy again. 😀

I’m surprised Rost kept his mark on his face.
Sup?

User Info: merManc

merManc
2 months ago#10
Yeah, the facepaint names don't actually mean anything from a lore point of view, it seems. The Nora ones, at least.

You'll probably notice that members of a family all have the same paint. Sona, Varl and Vala all had the same design - which is the Nora Brave paint you can unlock. It doesn't identify them as a brave. It identifies them as a family, as no one else in the game has it. Other examples are the injured father who asks you to find his daughter early on. They have the same paint as each other. And the brother and sister where she asks you to find him after his outcast sentence was up.

That would mean that Rost's paint doesn't necessarily mark him as a death-seeker, and it's why it's arguably the most fitting paint for Aloy. Wearing it would be a symbol that she considers herself his daughter in every way that matters.

And there's one character (I think Marea at Mother's Crown) who has the "Seeker" face paint, but isn't a seeker. It's her family's design.
So... not giant balloons?
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Does Aloy ever get any War Paint, or anything?
  • Topic Closed