You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. *Spoilers* So I'm going to start the Frozen Wilds (NG+ Ultra Hard)

User Info: KalebShmaleb

KalebShmaleb
2 months ago#1
So I have played through the Frozen Wilds before, I took on the Fireclaw and it nearly destroyed me on Normal. I'm back again on Ultra Hard NG+ and I was wondering what I could do to stay alive for more than 30 seconds when facing a Fireclaw.
Currently Waiting For:
The Elder Scrolls VI, The Elder Scrolls VI and The Elder Scrolls VI.

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
1 month ago#2
Both of the bear-like enemies can be kited until they do the repeated rushing swipe move, at which point you need to roll between their legs. That's kind of all there is to it. You're otherwise doing the same freeze > go ham routine as normal. They can be trapped with ropes as well if you need a breather.

I mean, that's not literally all there is to it, but basically everything else can be i-framed with dodge rolls either towards or perpendicular to the attack. Generally speaking, the fight is made much easier by having a high damage output and high rate of fire. Freeze ASAP and go to town with Hardpoint arrows. Don't destroy the components that create explosions while it's frozen.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
4 weeks ago#3
Freeze them with a Rattler and then go nuts with the Rattler again.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. *Spoilers* So I'm going to start the Frozen Wilds (NG+ Ultra Hard)