You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Changing difficulty - Effecting end game bonus? (Focus effect & face paint)

User Info: kintangX

kintangX
3 months ago#1
I'm on a non-NG+ file currently playing the game in hard mode. The Chieftain's trial completely overwhelm me and the fastest time I've got for this trial is 5:47 min. I'm thinking to lower the difficulty a bit to get 1st place and collect whatever price It give.

So my question is, if I lower the difficulty a bit, and put it back again on hard after I've completed it will I still get the Focus effect and face paint for clearing hard mode?

Thanks!

User Info: PirateKingflcl

PirateKingflcl
3 months ago#2
No, you won't get any rewards for completing the game no matter what you do. All of the Focus and Face Paint rewards are unlocked by completing the game in NG+ mode, which locks you into a difficulty at the start of the game.
Hard work and guts solve everything. If you have a problem that can't be solved with hard work and guts, then you aren't using enough of them.

User Info: kintangX

kintangX
3 months ago#3
Woah, that was a revelation. Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Changing difficulty - Effecting end game bonus? (Focus effect & face paint)