• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Finally picked this game up and man idk why I slept on it.

User Info: EV_360

EV_360
1 month ago#1
I've played many open world games, but there's something I can't put my finger on regarding the world in this game that makes it more engaging, but I like what they've done. And the story so far is keeping me guessing.

Just wanted to share my appreciation. Great game!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ7NrApups8

User Info: vonVolik

vonVolik
1 month ago#2
@EV_360

One thing that I enjoyed about this open world, and the game in general, is that this is a future earth in which something cataclysmic has happened. We all have tead, and scene enough sci-fi to peace together a basic premise.

Learning the history of the world through the main quest line is good, and I like the way they did it, but what makes the world engaging is going to the vantage points, I strongly recommend reading the text file in the notebook, the various audio logs which give different perspectives on the world. Also finding the various data points that have old advertisements make for interesting reading.

And tc, keep enjoying the game.
Growing up trolls lived under bridges, now they live in their Mom's basement.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
1 month ago#3
EV_360 posted...
I've played many open world games, but there's something I can't put my finger on regarding the world in this game that makes it more engaging, but I like what they've done. And the story so far is keeping me guessing.

Just wanted to share my appreciation. Great game!

Guerilla Games is probably happy to read that. (not even sure developers read gamefaqs forums but maybe they do)
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 month ago#4
don't know how far you are, but for me it just kept getting better and better. one of the most unique storylines in videogames and incredible combat with stunning graphics. seriously, in my first run i NEVER fast traveled, and only used a mount in places i was already familiar with, i'd just walk everywhere and bask in the beauty of the game

and like #2 said, definitely delve into all the data points
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 month ago#5
My GOTY when it came out. Absolutely enjoyed it (did I think 5 or 6 play throughs). One of the few games I've bothered playing to 100% completion (all trophies including DLC, all collectibles, 100% area completion).

It's a great game.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: KillWhitey

KillWhitey
1 month ago#6
The initial trailers were farely uninspiring, imo. And so I ignored it for months after release until some mates started raving about it.

User Info: gameloverPS2

gameloverPS2
1 month ago#7
I've always given this game a miss, because I didn't like the whole robot dinosaur premise and felt it was quite childish.

I then picked it up last month, after reading so many positive reviews, as I was looking for another game to beat after I ran through the entire Uncharted series.

The start of the game really bored me. It felt generic and uninspired. Then I pushed on, and the game just became much better.

I loved the audio and text logs peppered in the game - it's just beautiful thinking that an advanced society very much like our own now, used to prosper in the game's world before the downfall.

I've bought the Complete Edition, and have beat the main game. Now I'm going through The Frozen Wilds, and it's an even better version of the original game.

Would gladly buy HZD2 in a heartbeat.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Finally picked this game up and man idk why I slept on it.
  • Topic Archived