• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Better late than never, this game is amazing (Potential Spoilers)

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#1
I originally got the game at launch i believe and only got about an hour in because Breathe of the Wild came out and i was hooked on that.

Anyway, since BotW countless games came out from SotC, DBFZ, Monster Hunter, GoW, Spider-man, Megaman 11, and most recently Red Dead.

All games that kept me from going back to HZD.

I finally decided i was going to make myself play HZD and i just hacked my first strider and I’m hooked. Because BotW did so many great things i forgot just how much i enjoyed that first hour even if there wasn’t as much freedom of movement.

Anyway I’m glad to be back, hows the dlc?
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 month ago#2
dlc is excellent

if you just hacked your first strider then you're in for a treat. don't expect the same environmental freedom as you got in BotW and you should be good to go. also the story and combat is absolutely fantastic
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."

User Info: Bizarro253

Bizarro253
1 month ago#3
I beat this 10 months ago. Just started ng+ on ultra-hard and I'm having a lot of fun. Playing on difficult mode without worrying about collecting, crafting, skill points etc makes playing the story again refreshing.

User Info: Strategia555

Strategia555
1 month ago#4
One of the only problems I had while completing the game on NG+ was running out of inventory space.

Edit: I enjoyed it both times. It was nice , even though my first play-through was thorough, I had missed some things that I caught the second time around.
Space for Rent

User Info: bootycea

bootycea
1 month ago#5
RDR2 has NOTHING on this game.
i started playing HZD to take a break from rdr2, and i never gone back, replayed all again and did a 100% playthrough.
now i don't wanna return to RDR2 because it feels so unplayable, clunky and repetitive compared to this gem.

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#6
I just finished the game and loved every minute. I ran through the story so now i think I’m gonna go back and clean up side quest.

When i first stumbled on cauldron zeta way under leveled it was crazy. I almost took down that thing before giving up after like 3 hours.
I think if we spent the time we spent thinking about not spending money and spent that time on spending money, then itd be time well spent.

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
1 month ago#7
bootycea posted...
RDR2 has NOTHING on this game.
i started playing HZD to take a break from rdr2, and i never gone back, replayed all again and did a 100% playthrough.
now i don't wanna return to RDR2 because it feels so unplayable, clunky and repetitive compared to this gem.

I stopped playing RDR2 on chapter 2. I’m waiting for private sessions in RDO. I’ve played through this one 9 times. I still come back just to beat up machines.
No inedible animals were injured or killed in the making of this post.

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 month ago#8
This game was my GOTY for 2018. One of the few games I've actually gone out of my way and bothered to get the platinum for. Actually, I got 100% for everything in this game, including finding all the collectibles.

Actually played through it I think 6 times.

Loved overriding machines and watching them fight one another :)

The DLC was pretty good as well.

It's an excellent game. I cannot wait to revisit the area in hopefully an obvious sequel.

I can relate to RDR2. I've installed it, started playing it, then played shadow of the tomb raider (not a bad game, graphics are very good and better than HZ:D), and I am now playing assassin creed odyssey (liking it so far, probably will spend so much time exploring and doing side quests that I forget that there's a main quest to do :))
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: Strategia555

Strategia555
1 month ago#9
Just in case anyone is intrested -

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 release date, PS4 exclusivity, trailer, and everything we know so far

Basically . We don't know and this is what we'd like to appear as far as story ...

https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-2-release-date-news/
Space for Rent

Ben Reilly
1 month ago#10
Strategia555 posted...
Just in case anyone is intrested -

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 release date, PS4 exclusivity, trailer, and everything we know so far

Basically . We don't know and this is what we'd like to appear as far as story ...

https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-2-release-date-news/

Can’t wait

Let’s f***ing go!!
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Better late than never, this game is amazing (Potential Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived