• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Why can't I get 60FPS in this game?

User Info: m0zing

m0zing
4 months ago#1
I've tried running this game on every resolution, and I'm currently experimenting with a 360p television. However, even with the framerate being prioritized in the game menu, it gets the same exact framerate as when I run it in the fake 4k HDR mode on my big TV. This doesn't really make any sense? pls answer.

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
4 months ago#2
Best guess is that it wasn't meant to run at 60fps at all. Probably have it locked for 30fps regardless of which mode you play in. If anything, running on performance mode might mean that you'll never dip below 30fps regardless of what is happening on screen.

m0zing
4 months ago#3
It does go above 30FPS in both modes, so I don't think that is the case.

User Info: Berating

Berating
4 months ago#4
this game doesn't run in 60fps, not even on a pro. what you think is above 30 fps is probably the game dipping below 30 then going back up
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."

m0zing
4 months ago#5
doesnt make sense it should run at 60fps if you run at standard 360p.

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
4 months ago#6
No it wouldn't. If the game is capped at a set frame rate, it won't matter what resolution you play at, it'll always stay at that limit or dip below if it can't handle what's happening on screen. Put it this way, you can have a state of the art PC, capable of running any game at ultra, 4K resolution and 240fps, never dipping below that, if a game is released to never be able to run higher than 30fps, then you'll only ever see 30fps unless you manage to unlock the frame rate through third party programs or editing the .ini file if it's possible to do so from there. From my understanding of the Pro enhancements for Horizon, the game itself runs at a capped frame rate of 30fps, though apparently the map operates at 60fps. So regardless of what you do with your Pro settings for the game, it won't play above 30fps.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
3 months ago#7
Play on PC if you want 60 fps...oh wait, you can't.
Currently Playing: Detroit: Become Human

User Info: KingsGambit

KingsGambit
3 months ago#8
They lock console games to 30FPS, because the hardware can't run at 60FPS with the visuals and they chose that over framerate. So they half the performance, call it "cinematic" and tell us it's a feature.

m0zing
3 months ago#9
KingsGambit posted...
They lock console games to 30FPS, because the hardware can't run at 60FPS with the visuals and they chose that over framerate. So they half the performance, call it "cinematic" and tell us it's a feature.

lmao this is the answer

User Info: GNS1991

GNS1991
3 months ago#10
How can you see FPS on PS4?

Regardless, if the game does not lag, it's playable to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Why can't I get 60FPS in this game?
  • Topic Archived