• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Can we use Frozen-Wilds Skills in main game?

User Info: Jachan19

Jachan19
4 months ago#1
Topic.
I am still planning to get that DLC but would be wasted to buy if I don't actually focus to progress the game to the end to clear, so... yeah. Just want to know if the DLC skills can be added in the main game or not?
PSN - JachanFlame19

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
4 months ago#2
Once you start The Frozen Wilds DLC by entering the region the skills are added and can be used for the rest of the game.

I believe when you start an NG+ the dlc skills are locked again until you unlock the dlc again. Which is just like in the regular game some skills are locked out until the story progresses. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
No inedible animals were injured or killed in the making of this post.

Jachan19
4 months ago#3
Oh okay.
While I researched before posted this, I had found somebody (or website) mentioned that it's not actually endgame contest which could be more likely mid-late game or so.

But thanks for the reply though! =)
hope i will stay and play this game longer before Xmas day where I would stop and change to new games to play from under the Christmas tree, .__.

...Actually, I am going ahead and pay it anyway. =X
Since Black Friday sale could be expired in about few days (11/27, just checked recently) anyway.
too bad it's not on sale (unless it's a bundle but i already owned main game before then (oops for me)) but Frozen Wilds cost $10, huh? It's not that bad though, so... guess I will go ahead and get it now. Thanks for your reply though, GasmanOAV. =)
PSN - JachanFlame19
(message deleted)

User Info: PirateKingflcl

PirateKingflcl
3 months ago#5
Okay the misinformation in this topic is too much. The Frozen Wilds skill tree is unlocked as soon as you start a game with the DLC enabled; some of the skills will remain locked until Aloy learns how to override Machines (just like the normal Skill Tree).

Once you have started the quest, "A Seeker at the Gates", all of the skills should be unlocked, and you will be able to visit The Cut right away. There's a breadcrumb quest from a Banuk woman standing at the base of the Frozen Wilds area (and also two other nearly-identical quests, one in Meridian and one in Daytower), but you can actually just go there whenever you want regardless of picking up an intro quest.

So just to be clear, you can definitely grab the Hoarder skill (+20% Resource satchel capacity) at the very beginning of the game, but the Machine related skills are locked until you can override Mounts.
Hard work and guts solve everything. If you have a problem that can't be solved with hard work and guts, then you aren't using enough of them.
(message deleted)

Jachan19
3 months ago#7
Yeah, I have noticed. But since you have not noticed it, I had paid it as soon as after I posted my previous post.

But thank you though. =)
I enjoy Frozen Wilds (skills for now, i am not going to do Frozen-Wilds area yet) and even gathering without require to unmount. =P
PSN - JachanFlame19
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Can we use Frozen-Wilds Skills in main game?
  • Topic Archived