• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. weapon modification maximum

User Info: Unsername504

Unsername504
3 years ago#11
darklightevgeny posted...
If I don't need this setup, then why you had better setup then mine ?
especially since you did not had adepts weapons. and I have grinded a lot to be able to buy these weapons.

I don't think about a third run.
but if storm bird are still easy, it can be a good choice to farm them for their purple mod boxes, as they drop some

like i Said, if you passed UH without adepts weapons, I'll as the setup I have are the strongest for non-adepts weapons. or at the very least.

the only better then 4 dmg, are 2 dmg and 2 handling.

I was talking more in reference as to what mods you have on what weapons. That's more my opinion. For one, my sharpshot is maxed out on tear instead of damage, and when I migrated to the adept version in my current NG+ Normal run I added a handling mod so I can line up three tearblast arrows quicker.

I don't know how it took you four mods to max out the blast sling's damage but maybe that's because I have the lodge version.

Tear on ropecaster helps when you're among a group of enemies. You tie down one behemoth while you deal with the others, then when the tied one breaks free he loses a couple of components from the tear damage. My adept lodge ropecaster is a f***ing beast, maxed out handling and almost maxed out tear. If I can find more 65% handling mods I could substitute one or two of my handlings for tears instead.

I just feel it's a giant waste to grind on UH, where everything is super f***ing expensive. I hardly spent any of the shards I grinded, since materials and s*** cost so much on UH. I sped through my UH run just for the facepaints and focus so I could buy the adept versions on my next run and focus on minmaxing all my mods.

That's all just my opinion, but I feel if you're gonna grind at least do it efficiently and get the most out of it. Grinding for s*** on UH just isn't worth it to me.
Nice web, Mr. Crack Spider.

User Info: darklightevgeny

darklightevgeny
3 years ago#12
Sorry, I don't like tears mods

in fact, I don't use tear.

I don't use it to tear ravager cannons and thing like that

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 years ago#13
4th slot is for UH, which scales your weapons down. There you need the 4th slot if you hope to get close to max.

User Info: Fist_of_Suns

Fist_of_Suns
3 years ago#14
Korppi123 posted...
4th slot is for UH, which scales your weapons down. There you need the 4th slot if you hope to get close to max.

No it doesnt. 3x 50/67 mods still maxes out the potential.
Its the enemies themselves who gain more dmg resistance in UH.
Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 8
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
3 years ago#15
Fist_of_Suns posted...
Korppi123 posted...

No it doesnt. 3x 50/67 mods still maxes out the potential.
Its the enemies themselves who gain more dmg resistance in UH.

Also scales down all weapons base damage

User Info: darklightevgeny

darklightevgeny
3 years ago#16
no, ennemy do not gain any resistance in UH,
your stats are reduced.

and actually, 2 damage, and 2 handling with damage as secondary mods will max the potentials.

if only I knew about the max.

User Info: Elemenope

Elemenope
3 years ago#17
Playing on UH, I farm purple mods and get shards by going to the behemoth site south of Maker's End (in the Northwest corner of the map), overriding one of them, and watching the two behemoths fight. There are a couple longnecks around who help the normal behemoth fight your buffed overridden one, and like 50% of the time it is just enough to make it so that *all* the machines die fighting eachother and all you have to do is go in and pick up the loot lying around everywhere. There are tons of valuable echo shells you can sell as well. It is so much easier than trying to do the same with the two thunderjaws by Free Heap. Anyway, thanks for the info OP, I kinda suspected that there were caps but I wasn't totally sure because nobody had ever mentioned them til now.

Unsername504 posted...
For one, my sharpshot is maxed out on tear instead of damage, and when I migrated to the adept version in my current NG+ Normal run I added a handling mod so I can line up three tearblast arrows quicker.

I got my old shadow carja sharpshot bow set up for pure tear damage and my new adept one set up for regular damage + handling. A triple shot with the adept one can blow up a bellowback's fluid container in one hit. I only use the tearblast arrows preemptively before a fight or while turtling behind cover anyway; precision arrows I will use in the heat of combat

Unsername504 posted...
I just feel it's a giant waste to grind on UH, where everything is super f***ing expensive. I hardly spent any of the shards I grinded, since materials and s*** cost so much on UH. I sped through my UH run just for the facepaints and focus so I could buy the adept versions on my next run and focus on minmaxing all my mods.

Just kill all those grazers near the Nora hunting grounds and use harvest arrows to get the blaze off their backs. You will get vast quantities of it that you can then sell for thousands of shards. You should be able to get even more shards if you use the arrows to knock the echo shells off the dead behemoths mentioned above
Humans, our best friends, yet our greatest weakness. - Bu113tPr00fM4n
Dear God, please kill Peter Parker.

User Info: Unsername504

Unsername504
3 years ago#18
Elemenope posted...
Playing on UH, I farm purple mods and get shards by going to the behemoth site south of Maker's End (in the Northwest corner of the map), overriding one of them, and watching the two behemoths fight. There are a couple longnecks around who help the normal behemoth fight your buffed overridden one, and like 50% of the time it is just enough to make it so that *all* the machines die fighting eachother and all you have to do is go in and pick up the loot lying around everywhere. There are tons of valuable echo shells you can sell as well. It is so much easier than trying to do the same with the two thunderjaws by Free Heap. Anyway, thanks for the info OP, I kinda suspected that there were caps but I wasn't totally sure because nobody had ever mentioned them til now.

Unsername504 posted...
For one, my sharpshot is maxed out on tear instead of damage, and when I migrated to the adept version in my current NG+ Normal run I added a handling mod so I can line up three tearblast arrows quicker.

I got my old shadow carja sharpshot bow set up for pure tear damage and my new adept one set up for regular damage + handling. A triple shot with the adept one can blow up a bellowback's fluid container in one hit. I only use the tearblast arrows preemptively before a fight or while turtling behind cover anyway; precision arrows I will use in the heat of combat

Unsername504 posted...

Just kill all those grazers near the Nora hunting grounds and use harvest arrows to get the blaze off their backs. You will get vast quantities of it that you can then sell for thousands of shards. You should be able to get even more shards if you use the arrows to knock the echo shells off the dead behemoths mentioned above

Oh I'm not in need of shards anymore. I've since maxed out most of the stats I give a s*** about. I'm really just missing 2 15% stealth mods, although it's debatable if I should even go for that. Maybe some more tear on my adept lodge ropecaster for fun, some handling on my already ridiculous adept lodge war bow, even more handling on my already stupid adept lodge blast sling, because 170 handling is too little. Possibly adept hunter bow too, I dunno. It's just dumb s***. All the stats that matter are maxed, so I'm left with the decision to grind pointless gains in stats that either won't or don't matter, or just be happy with where I am.

All my shards now are being spent on a few mod boxes where I'll reload until I get what I want, but for the most part I don't need to grind anymore.
Nice web, Mr. Crack Spider.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. weapon modification maximum
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A