Any patchs make significant improvements?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Any patchs make significant improvements?

User Info: Mooogleman

Mooogleman
1 year ago#1
Long story short no internet here right now but i can take my system to some ones to update. Wondering if i should wait until friday to patch or play this when it comes in wednessday.

User Info: MaxxisKenda

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#2
No major changes, just little things here and there like the ability to purchase multiples of an item without having to constantly press and release X.
Apparently they fixed a few exploits too, but having not used them someone else will have to elaborate.

Just play dude and do the patches whenever it's convenient.
Horizon Zero Dawn. Platinum and 100%.
What an epic journey.

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
1 year ago#3
You can drop crates/boxes now and some other fixes.

NEW FEATURES
- Added support for background music playback.
- Added the ability to drop treasure chests.

FIXES
Progression Fixes
- Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where some players could escape the quest area and get stuck here, blocking progression of this quest.
- Fixed an issue in "A Seeker at the Gates" where some players could get stuck behind the gates to All-Mother Mountain.
- Fixed an issue in "The City of the Sun" where some players were able to exit Olin's basement during the 'Investigate Olin's Secret Workshop' objective.
- Fixed an issue in "The Grave-Hoard" where the objective would not update when some players fast traveled away after activating the Holo Projector.
- Fixed an issue in "Deep Secrets of the Earth" where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
- Fixed an issue in "Fatal Inheritance" where talking to Ranaman after freeing Daradi would cause Daradi to disappear for some players.
- Fixed an issue in "Hammer and Steel" where for some players the quest objective would not update after gathering all nine Behemoth Cables.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.

General Fixes
- Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where the objective 'Meet Rost at the North Gate' would always be marked as failed for some players in the objective log.
- Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where the fix for duplicate spears introduced in Patch 1.12 would not solve the issue for some player if they already finished "In her Mother's Footsteps".
- Fixed an issue after %u201CThe Proving%u201D for certain players where Aloy would not retrieve her Focus after visiting Rost.
- Fixed an issue where some players could permanently lose the Tearblaster in their playthrough after selling it at a merchant. The Tearblaster will now be available to purchase from certain merchants after completing 'Hunter's Blind'.
- Fixed an issue where a pile of Ancient Debris appeared to be located underground for certain players.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pick up their loot when it was dropped in water.
- Fixed an issue in the "Gatelands" Bandit Camp where some players could get stuck in a rock after performing a 'Strike from below'.
- Fixed an issue when certain players would try to mount during Aloy's falling animation, causing Aloy to float in midair.
- Fixed the issue where some players were able to gain +10,000 XP every time they cleared hunting trials with all Blazing Suns.

Crash Fixes
- Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.
PSN/NNID: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz

Mooogleman
1 year ago#4
Damn thanks for that. Sounds like some tedius bugs....

I was worried about broken quests which thrre os a few. Any od those early on or very common? Or just the normal low risk rate almost all games seem to have on at least a few things on launch?

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 year ago#5
Mooogleman posted...
Damn thanks for that. Sounds like some tedius bugs....

I was worried about broken quests which thrre os a few. Any od those early on or very common? Or just the normal low risk rate almost all games seem to have on at least a few things on launch?

I never experienced any bugs, or broken quests. No crashes or anything either.

This has to be the most "finished" game I've played in years.

Just play it. You'd never notice a difference with any patches.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: tim1724

tim1724
1 year ago#6
Most of the quest bugs have to do with fast traveling out of an area in the middle of a plot segment or intentionally jumping over invisible barriers to get to someplace you're not supposed to be at a particular time. Few of them are things you'd run across unless you're intentionally trying to break the game.

In 75+ hours of playing normally (not trying to break the game) I've never encountered a bug.

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 year ago#7
I got plat before any patches after day 1, so it is totally playable without patches.
Toukiden 2 Road to Platinum
Just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and Berserk and The Band of the Hawk 100% (60 Hours each)

Mooogleman
1 year ago#8
Wonderful. Thabk you every one.

User Info: GuiltyGear1682

GuiltyGear1682
1 year ago#9
I think the best patch would be the "bulk purchase", lol.
Wires!
2017 Game Collections:
Nioh(Plat'ed) & HZD(Plat'ed) & Gravity Rush 2 & Nier Automata
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Any patchs make significant improvements?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived