The game quickly devolves into a fairly generic 3rd person shooter.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The game quickly devolves into a fairly generic 3rd person shooter.

User Info: phoneixfencer

phoneixfencer
1 year ago#11
RaptureCapture posted...
Do you have a rope caster? Most people ive seen play this game ignore it. It ties down a robot for like 90 seconds so you can focuse on the others. You have a tripcaster use it. If you are talking about the robots right out the starting area then honestlh ignore them till you get the stronger gear. I had so much trouble with birds before I got the rope caster

Have you actually used it? If you hit a machine with enough ropes to actually tie them down, they're only down for maybe 5 seconds. It takes substantially longer to set it up than it actually works for. You could only hit them with one or two ropes and slow a machine down, but there's still 3 others in the pack attacking you. If you take the time to rope them all the first one will be free by the time you finish. And just tying down one out of the 4 or 5 is no help.
GTA: O Created by trolls, for trolls.

User Info: Mizutsune

Mizutsune
1 year ago#12
Turn it on very hard.

It's not unreasonably challenging but you have to play the game like it's meant to the whole time.
Bubbles.

User Info: TylerID

TylerID
1 year ago#13
So TC tell me of one third person RPG that isn't also a generic 3rd person shooter?
Will you Marry me Stella! Gamefaqs isn't the same without you, STELLA!

User Info: Conker

Conker
1 year ago#14
TylerID posted...
So TC tell me of one third person RPG that isn't also a generic 3rd person shooter?

What? I'm not in agreement with TC but this a really dumb thing to ask. There are dozens of them...I'd actually lean towards that being the majority.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: tigerex777

tigerex777
1 year ago#15
Your buggest enemy your lack of imagination in your approach. If you are just going straight to them and getting overwhelmed i suggest watching youtube videos if others playing. I use everything from whistling to lure enemies to throwing rocks to setting up traps to using the stratocaster (name) to set up electric traps and blastwire traps. This way youll also be able to take on multiple enemies.

Last game I played I stealth killed like 9 animals all in the same area with nothing but critical hits. Use rocks use whistling. This game's stealth is super forgiving and easy.
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws /ASUS GTX 970 OC /Cooler Master GX 750W /Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case /Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo

User Info: wwk

wwk
1 year ago#16
i agree TC, game is overhyped. not a bad game by any means, but certainly not a 9 or 10.
Don't ever let anyone tell you it can't be done. The future lies with the dreamers, not the cynics and the critics - President Donald Trump

User Info: tigerex777

tigerex777
1 year ago#17
wwk posted...
i agree TC, game is overhyped. not a bad game by any means, but certainly not a 9 or 10.

Ah this troll again. How come you still hang around here if you really dont like the game? I just dont understand the psychology that goes inside a person that continually go into boards of games they dont like. Someobdy should do a study on this because im curious as to this phenomena or is it just plain childish trolling?
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws /ASUS GTX 970 OC /Cooler Master GX 750W /Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case /Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo

User Info: Ebak_the_cat

Ebak_the_cat
1 year ago#18
I actually find this a very interesting part of the game. Any enemy type can own you if unchecked.

Rushing in head first rarely works out for me and some encounters have taken a very long time due to me playing the long game and whittling an enemy down.

There was a corrupted area with two longlegs, and a stalker? I know there were the two long legs but the other was either a stalker or a sawtooth. I can remember it only had the flame pack underneath so it probably was a sawtooth.

Anyway, going directly into it head first wouldn't have worked and so I played the long game. From a distance I would use my sharpshooter bow to shoot at the airsacks on the front of the longlegs. This takes away their biggest offensive option, and also has the added benefit of stripping over components with a massive shockwave afterward.

After every shot the longleg and his buddy would come over and investigate where I was hiding. I've learned that if you snipe one sometimes two shots if you are feeling brave, from a distance and then quickly relocate to another stealth area or even simply circle around the area you can evade detection and outright combat.

This was made doubly useful when I shoot after laying down a trap at my current location. They'd run over to check where I was and run right into a trap doing more damage.

My only issue with traps is that enemies seem to magically know where you are after being hit by them. It doesn't bother me a lot, but it is a very minor niggle, but probably is a balancing act to make sure traps aren't OP and simply used as the default way to deal with enemies.
3DS FC: 1220 - 6765 - 9762
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The game quickly devolves into a fairly generic 3rd person shooter.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived