The nonstop pandering to the SJW agenda in this game is getting old fast

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The nonstop pandering to the SJW agenda in this game is getting old fast

User Info: wwk

wwk
1 year ago#111
yeah its pretty gross. the writers are PC SJWs who pander, big league
Don't ever let anyone tell you it can't be done. The future lies with the dreamers, not the cynics and the critics - President Donald Trump

User Info: Ebak_the_cat

Ebak_the_cat
1 year ago#112
JonathanB- posted...
Sed posted...
liger0jaeger posted...
Link doesn't work

weird, works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1bizxjjNVw

fast fwd to 50:36

Oh my dog. How can anyone say this is not a blatant and cringey pandering for feminism?

Aloy was almost about to give a speech for the wage gap if giving more time with that ridiculous strawman embodiment of the evil patriarchy.

I have to admit. I love this game. I did find that scene a little cringy. I think it started out fine but went a little too far.

On the other hand, all she has ever known is a female lead society, and she is talking to someone who is part of a society that is currently ruled by a man. Something she has not heard of before. Her curiosity about that I am fine with.

The blatant pointing out the matriarchy of the Nora to this person is where I think it overstepped things and started to act like it was trying to point something out. That is however the only line in the exchange I have an issue with.

The rest was perfectly fine, I especially love the 'dangling' reference she made since she does have a point when it comes to the culture. Plus it seems natural for people from different cultures to have different opinions and beliefs. We have that in our world now.

I don't think it's pandering though, nor do I think the game is overtly pushing some kind of agenda. It was one cringy line in an otherwise decent game. Granted I haven't finished it yet.
3DS FC: 1220 - 6765 - 9762
Play a game then judge, don't judge before you play.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The nonstop pandering to the SJW agenda in this game is getting old fast

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived