• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Difficulty settings

User Info: Poults87

Poults87
2 years ago#1
Can anyone let me know what difficulty settings the game has at the very beginning?

Poults87
2 years ago#2
Ignore that. I have found what I am looking for. Is everyone going to start on very hard to get the most out of the game.

Ok I tested difficulty modes with the same save doing the same things. It seem to only change some stats. So on very hard when you gather herbs you get 7% or 14 % depending on the roll. On hard it's 9% or 18% on normal it's 12% or 24%.

Enemies change damage depending on the difficulty. So a light melee attack on a scrapper on very hard is 28 damage, on hard it's 32 and on normal its 37. Heavy attack is 68 on very hard, 78 on hard and in the 80s for normal. A scrapper lunge attack on v hard takes two whole bars of life, on hard it's a bar and a half and on normal it's one bar. All attacks scale about the same way. I can't tell this for certain but it seem to me that on normal enemies are less aggressive and don't notice you as much. On hard and v hard I can't really tell the difference on their behavior. They don't seem to stun or lose parts of their bodies any more or less due to difficulty.

There are no changes at all to the amount of enemies, the amount of loot, exp gained, and resource gathering outside the herbs. The requirements to create objects do not change. The difficulty can be switched on the fly and the stats all change accordingly, so I believe it's nothing more than a stat adjustment.

Oh and I tested the robot taking loot thing, once they take itbits gone, they don't carry it. This maybe a scrapper only thing as that's what they are designed for, gathering scraps. A watcher did not take the loot of it's dead partner.

User Info: Aries139

Aries139
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the info.

Definitely playing on Very hard.

Poults87
2 years ago#4
Like that scavenging is effected by the difficulty. Feels really immersive when you are always on the hunt for parts.

User Info: KINDERFELD

KINDERFELD
2 years ago#5
I'm playing on normal and enemies can kill you in two to three hits.
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps

User Info: TheKingOfPain

TheKingOfPain
2 years ago#6
I read that post on GAF, very informative btw.

On normal you can also one-shot Watchers if you go for their eye.
Don't be afraid.
Be terrified.

KINDERFELD
2 years ago#7
TheKingOfPain posted...
I read that post on GAF, very informative btw.

On normal you can also one-shot Watchers if you go for their eye.

Yeah.
By level 4, one shot to the eye takes them out.

User Info: morethanhappy

morethanhappy
2 years ago#8
Is there an easy mode?
(Insert profound quote here)

KINDERFELD
2 years ago#9
morethanhappy posted...
Is there an easy mode?

Yes there is.

User Info: MHettenbach

MHettenbach
2 years ago#10
Are there trophies related to playing on higher difficulties? or can it be platinum'd without playing on Very Hard?
PSN: KagatoAC / FF:ARR Rei'sela Leiyal
Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3947296/
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Difficulty settings
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A