• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Does this game have SJW influences?

User Info: Sed

Sed
2 years ago#11
unbias posted...
Sed posted...
unbias posted...
http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2017/02/review-horizon-zero-dawn-sony.html

From the article:
and it is as socially aware as only a studio from The Netherlands - one of the most progressive European nations - could be.

Speaks for itself really.

Unfortunate they didn't elaborate more specifically.

Assuming they were not allowed to.

Perhaps.

I just watched the story trailer and some gameplay videos.. white males do seem to be the only antagonists. It's too bad. Aside from her ugly face and not so subtle reverse racism the game it self looks quite good.
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
2 years ago#12
Not really from what I have seen and read. There is a Matriarchal society, but they are shown to have their own issues and biases. Other societys aren't matriarchal, and the game doesn't say one is better than the others. The bad guys are bad for what they are trying to accomplish, not their skin color or sexual preference or whatever.

Also, videos have shown female bandits when Aloy is clearing out settlements and such, so I am not sure where all this "all the villains are white males" came from.

Sed
2 years ago#13
Opunaesala posted...
Not really from what I have seen and read. There is a Matriarchal society, but they are shown to have their own issues and biases. Other societys aren't matriarchal, and the game doesn't say one is better than the others. The bad guys are bad for what they are trying to accomplish, not their skin color or sexual preference or whatever.

Yet they seem to only be white males.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQDqurZJNk

Watch it your self. I don't think I saw a single white male aside from the villains. Oh, and supposedly her mentor is a white male. So mentor/super villains. Not so sure that balances it out.
NegiBozu203 posted...

User Info: Oneshot1killa83

Oneshot1killa83
2 years ago#14
ArsenicSteel posted...
Oneshot1killa83 posted...
What's it matter? Just don't buy the f***ing game.

He just wants to spam the boards.

I can tell, I just want to talk about this game and not this political bulls*** hahaha
https://m.youtube.com/user/Oneshot1killx83
https://mobile.twitter.com/v7_tonyv

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
2 years ago#15
Oneshot1killa83 posted...
What's it matter? Just don't buy the f***ing game.

Part of being an MRA is whining about anything you don't like.
PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1

User Info: KIERON93

KIERON93
2 years ago#16
Does the game actually have anti male/white comments or are people just making s*** up

User Info: TylerID

TylerID
2 years ago#17
KIERON93 posted...
Does the game actually have anti male/white comments or are people just making s*** up

People making s*** up
Final Fantasy XV>>>>x100>>>> Witcher 3

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
2 years ago#18
KIERON93 posted...

It all started from an article somewhere, where the guy even admitted he hadn't played the game. They are just making stuff up.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
2 years ago#19
So, okay, I watched the trailer,
is the entire outcry on this board like the "Star Wars is the start of the white genocide" thing?
Is that what we're doing here?

Sed
2 years ago#20
BadDecisions posted...
So, okay, I watched the trailer,
is the entire outcry on this board like the "Star Wars is the start of the white genocide" thing?
Is that what we're doing here?

So you watched the trailer.. you saw that white males were indeed the only villains despite the game being a rainbow of races/genders and since you can't refute that you instead decide to ask an obviously stupid and hyperbolic question in order to try win the "argument".

If you don't have an actual rebuttal or thought on the fact that villains in this game only seem to be white male based on video evidence than just f*** off. Save your liberal mental gymnastics and constant diminishing of any issue white people face because you're either racist or self hating for someone else.

inb4 but I'm not even a liberal/SJW obvious bulls*** shill lines.
NegiBozu203 posted...
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Does this game have SJW influences?
  • Topic Archived