• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The facial animations look a bit stiff during dialogue.

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
2 years ago#1
Cutscenes look fine from trailers but some of the player interactions with NPCs look pretty stiff. I wouldn't really ding the game too much over it, it just looks like they had problems with facial expressions. I have a feeling people will run a mile with this, it'll bug some people more than others too.

I found the Witcher 3 a bit awkward in that regard too but I still enjoy the game.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: MachoManSavage

MachoManSavage
2 years ago#2
I agree. The only thing stiff when watching Aloy are her facial animations.
A proud wrestling Smark, because we know better than you.

User Info: ry_mann

ry_mann
2 years ago#3
From what I've heard, story cutscenes and sequences are fine and/or reasonable, but side quests aren't anywhere near the same quality.

A lot of people say that it's GG's first RPG and should be forgiven but I don't think it should. Review scores should be knocked down for that so that GG knows that it's something that needs to be addressed for the next game.

Hell, Bioware's excuse was the dated engine and they were right, but reusing assets (which was painfully obvious by ME3) enabled them to speed up production and get the trilogy finished quicker. Importing their current assets to Frostbite likely wasn't very feasible.
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
2 years ago#4
I don't really feel lenient with seasoned developers...animations are awkward, that's it, that's all. Fix it next game.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
2 years ago#5
Meh, no big deal. They are weird in pretty much every game, it doesn't bother me.

User Info: doctahwho

doctahwho
2 years ago#6
She's actually the pokemon ditto. They never could get faces right
silence will fall when the question is asked.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. The facial animations look a bit stiff during dialogue.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers