• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Trackmania Turbo
  3. This game is the dark souls of racing

User Info: huyi

huyi
1 year ago#1
You make a molecular mistake and your punished, gold and trackmania medals are very strict with no room for error.

You slow down or turn a corner the ghost ai will blaze past you and once they do this you will never catch up to them and it's over.

The moon buggy physics are fighting against you to make sure you don't win.

Restart checkpoint is completely useless and not sure why it was put in this game at all.

200 tracks of madness awaiting to turn your sanity into insanity. (restarting 100+ times will be the main cause of it)

And there you go folks, not sure what the devs were smoking when they made this game but I'll have some of that. 😃😃
Sony keeps on delivering games, while nintendo on the other hand performs poorly on that front and turns their console into a dusty doorstop.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
1 year ago#2
huyi posted...
You make a molecular mistake and your punished, gold and trackmania medals are very strict with no room for error.

You slow down or turn a corner the ghost ai will blaze past you and once they do this you will never catch up to them and it's over.

Restart checkpoint is completely useless and not sure why it was put in this game at all.

I just downloaded the game today after claiming it last month through the Playstation website. Pretty okay game. A little disappointed you're not racing against others in the offline campaign mode. I was hoping it was like Table Top Racing where there are other cars on the track. Just plain time trial is boring IMO, but so far I'm challenging myself to beat my previous score at least.

I agree with you how unforgiving the game is. One slight bump on the wall and your chances at a gold medal is gone.

- The restart checkpoint is definitely pointless. When I hit the first checkpoint in one race, I was at -.20 or something then I screwed up. I restart at the checkpoint and I thought, "Oh nice, I can re-do my screw-up and still be ahead in the race!" I screwed up some more so I restarted again and again. Then when I finished the race, I saw that a 30 second course turned into 1 minute and 10 seconds for me. Got a chuckle out of that.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: C_Money17

C_Money17
1 year ago#3
GRTooCool posted...

I agree with you how unforgiving the game is. One slight bump on the wall and your chances at a gold medal is gone.

It's basically "Twitchy Controls: The Racing Game". I'm up to track #40 now with all golds so far and it seems like the game's go-to move for stupidly difficult challenges is to fill the tracks with off-road sections or have the entire track be off-road. Every little bump throws off the orientation of your car and you will need to do these over and over and over and over again until the random physics decide to cut you some slack.

Also, it really seems to me like the ghosts aren't affected by the same the car physics as the human players are. They seem to glide right across some bumpy sections and move at impossible speeds on off-road courses while my car tilts and flips all over the place, but then they also slow down for no reason on some easier sections to compensate.
Do yourself a favor and learn the damn difference between your/you're and there/their/they're.
http://tinyurl.com/37ya4pr | http://tinyurl.com/kt9mbsr

User Info: huyi

huyi
1 year ago#4
GRTooCool posted...
I just downloaded the game today after claiming it last month through the Playstation website. Pretty okay game. A little disappointed you're not racing against others in the offline campaign mode. I was hoping it was like Table Top Racing where there are other cars on the track. Just plain time trial is boring IMO, but so far I'm challenging myself to beat my previous score at least.

- The restart checkpoint is definitely pointless. When I hit the first checkpoint in one race, I was at -.20 or something then I screwed up. I restart at the checkpoint and I thought, "Oh nice, I can re-do my screw-up and still be ahead in the race!" I screwed up some more so I restarted again and again. Then when I finished the race, I saw that a 30 second course turned into 1 minute and 10 seconds for me. Got a chuckle out of that.

that is what everyone thinks when they play this but it's not, it's a time trial racer, at least someone agrees with me with how strict it is.

and yeah this is what i thought at first too but found out the hard way when i finished the race lol

C_Money17 posted...
It's basically "Twitchy Controls: The Racing Game". I'm up to track #40 now with all golds so far and it seems like the game's go-to move for stupidly difficult challenges is to fill the tracks with off-road sections or have the entire track be off-road. Every little bump throws off the orientation of your car and you will need to do these over and over and over and over again until the random physics decide to cut you some slack.

Also, it really seems to me like the ghosts aren't affected by the same the car physics as the human players are. They seem to glide right across some bumpy sections and move at impossible speeds on off-road courses while my car tilts and flips all over the place, but then they also slow down for no reason on some easier sections to compensate.

yeah on black stages it's even worse, and to even try and get a trackmania medal was a horrible experience, you basically have to get around every corner perfectly, i must have started around 100+ times and i still didn't get a trackmania medal, it's insane.
Sony keeps on delivering games, while nintendo on the other hand performs poorly on that front and turns their console into a dusty doorstop.
  1. Boards
  2. Trackmania Turbo
  3. This game is the dark souls of racing
  • Topic Archived