• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Trackmania Turbo
  3. There's arcade and then there's...

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
2 years ago#1
60 fps and really clean looking... The demo hooked me so I bagged a used copy at Gamestop. I don't know how to describe my extreme chagrin at the gameplay. The physics of the game are, for want of a better term, situational, or, as the British say, Dodgy. Examples: you have great traction to accellarate but even nudge the stick for a turn, accelerating or not, and the back end of your car flies out, ridiculously, on sand and wood sections. You literally cannot align your vehicle with your line. The game physics engine seems to deliberately screw you up if you are even slightly off the ideal line for the track. If you bounce, you will slowly flip and then slowly come to rest pointing the wrong way, almost always upside down. The physics are cheap, the "races" are strewn with very cheap obstructions like engine kill pads and "water bounce" sections where you cannot even see which way you should be pointing until it's far too late. You can reset to the last checkpoint but it doesn't help because the clock keeps running. I see videos on youtube of guys running these very precise and insane custom tracks on PC, and it make me think that perhaps the PS4 version, which does not allow any controller adjustment, nor explain any of the limited settings (Input I/O meter) in any way, is just a lousy port, pure and simple. I will likely never even progress to the end of the blue races as the game is essentially unplayable at the level of insane precision required, maybe due to the six nanosecond refresh delay with my display, Oh yeah, and even when you are driving a perfect line, it will occasionally just throw you off to the left or right where you will no doubt careen off the track or into one of those annoying concrete blocks and then end up pointing back the way you came, upside down. Anyhow, you have been warned: the earlier levels are fun and challenging, the later levels are nothing but useless pain, and in the cheapest possible way. The physics alone will make you despise NADEO for this travesty of a game.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

User Info: Swiftshark

Swiftshark
2 years ago#2
#SaveTheParagraphs
Breasts are proof I can focus on two things at once.
PSN:oferrier | GFSC: http://bit.ly/1zZVLD5 | Paint Swappers: http://bit.ly/2bul9yU

User Info: jamieeng

jamieeng
2 years ago#3
Not trying to be offensive to any fellow GameFAQers but this game is great if you're good at it. I currently am on #86 with only golds and a few trackmasters and the physics are fine and simply challenging if you're able to get used to them. That said I really don't enjoy the dirt tracks as much as the others.
  1. Boards
  2. Trackmania Turbo
  3. There's arcade and then there's...
  • Topic Archived