• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Just started playing, kinda confused about gear...

User Info: Kamiya_Kun

Kamiya_Kun
4 months ago#1
So the way I see it gears are just to get one(or possibly all?) of the three perks right? Problem is, since I'm still low level with my characters I don't see any point in swapping gears since they give less perk points than the level 0 gear everyone already comes with.

Am I missing something or gear just feels downright useless for someone who's just starting?
"It's more powerful than God." -An ad about the PSX

User Info: MrPibbs11

MrPibbs11
4 months ago#2
Gear at early levels, in general, is pretty useless (perkwise... fashion is another topic altogether I won't consider).

Through leveling up gear, Commons can give you: Your default perk + 1 of your other two options.
Rare: Any 2 of your first 4 perk options.
Heroic: Any 2 of your first 5 perk options.
Epic: Uh... Any 2 of your first 6 options, OR 2 of your first 4 options and 1 of your 5th or 6th options. I think.
Legendary: Any 2 of all 7 options, OR 2 of your first 4 options and 1 of your last 3 options.
I'll do far more than that. I'll provide you with a sorry end to your messy life.
Then I have no choice.... Damn the Wheel. Damn the world!

User Info: Shade_Swordsman

Shade_Swordsman
4 months ago#3
I'd say don't focus too heavily on perks especially at the early reps. Perks have less impact than feats and most aren't exactly good. You should only start focusing on perks once you reach rep 8 with the hero you're playing since that is the point when you will be getting the max level gear for them only, which can give you up to 3 perks. Until then, I would say focus on just making your hero look good or just use the lvl 0 gear.
Have you seen PK's zone on PC?
I still haven't on console.

Kamiya_Kun
4 months ago#4
Thank you very much dudes. So I can just use whatever/for fashion until level 8 with a hero, then I can start worrying/seeking legendary gear at 8. Did I get that right?

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
4 months ago#5
Kamiya_Kun posted...
Thank you very much dudes. So I can just use whatever/for fashion until level 8 with a hero, then I can start worrying/seeking legendary gear at 8. Did I get that right?

Yeah pretty much. If you can have an active perk, go for it but don't waste steel upgrading stuff.

It's pretty easy once you're rep 8 to get your preferred perk loadout without spending anything as long as you play and pay attention to what you're dismantling.

Most perks are also crap. If you have any questions about it, feel free.
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

Kamiya_Kun
4 months ago#6
arr_me_maytee posted...
Yeah pretty much. If you can have an active perk, go for it but don't waste steel upgrading stuff.

It's pretty easy once you're rep 8 to get your preferred perk loadout without spending anything as long as you play and pay attention to what you're dismantling.

Most perks are also crap. If you have any questions about it, feel free.

Appreciated. Just saved me some premium crates I would have wasted otherwise.

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
4 months ago#7
Since you're new, I'd recommend joining the FH mentors discord server. It's a great place to learn the game from people in a toxicity free environment.

https://discord.gg/CkGsFX7

Also feel free to add me on PSN and I'll help out however I can.

PSN: Fnargle
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 months ago#8
I ignore armor upgrades or armor crates until I start getting 2-slot equipment (around rep 12 it starts to roll in consistently). Up to then most max level armor will still have none or only one upgrade slot. I just dismantle everything without 2 slots

User Info: Shade_Swordsman

Shade_Swordsman
4 months ago#9
MetalZoic posted...
I ignore armor upgrades or armor crates until I start getting 2-slot equipment (around rep 12 it starts to roll in consistently). Up to then most max level armor will still have none or only one upgrade slot. I just dismantle everything without 2 slots
Refinement (the "slots" you are talking about) don't actually do anything but waste your steel. Rep 8 is the minimum of which you get legendary gear which is both the highest gear rarity and the best gear you can get without spending steel.
CEO: "You know, I use to own a Corolla-"
Intern: "I know that... It's in the book."

Kamiya_Kun
4 months ago#10
And I completely confused reputation with character levels lol. Now I understand that rep lvl is essentially like CoD's prestige system, you reach char lvl 20, reset it to 1 then gain 1 rep, rinse and repeat.

Gonna take a while to get to 8.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Just started playing, kinda confused about gear...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A