• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Highlander/Orochi balancing?

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#11
This Orochi nerf sounds pretty bad, devs already completely gutted my Main (Shinobi) and now they're out for the blood of my Secondary (Orochi). Man, Feels like Ubi might just unknowningly hate me for some reason.

Also, This crap about other 'quick' strikers getting to keep their faster lights while the Orochi is the only one getting slowed down is absolute bias. I heard that the FH team only really listens to reddit spammers, so this really doesn't come as a surprise after the complete butchering of Shinobi.
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#12
Violet_Shadow posted...
This Orochi nerf sounds pretty bad, devs already completely gutted my Main (Shinobi) and now they're out for the blood of my Secondary (Orochi). Man, Feels like Ubi might just unknowningly hate me for some reason.

Also, This crap about other 'quick' strikers getting to keep their faster lights while the Orochi is the only one getting slowed down is absolute bias. I heard that the FH team only really listens to reddit spammers, so this really doesn't come as a surprise after the complete butchering of Shinobi.

Unfortunately reddit is the voice they directly cater to.
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

User Info: darklust

darklust
5 months ago#13
Justapoorchibi posted...
Thing is Orochi is pretty high risk in general when fighting anyone competent, can easily be countered, being baited f***s them up because their counter moves are pretty easy parries and give a free heavy when parried. Also mega easy to delect. But they need to rely on those to get going because their opening lights are nothing special.

But then you have the problem where if the opponent doesn't want to make the first move Orochi has nothing to force them to make a move or break through. And if they do make the first move you have to put on a lot of effort making reads and avoiding being predictable so you don't get baited or read for half your health.

Orochi definitely can work, they can eat overaggressive people alive, and once they get going they can fluster people sometimes because of how fast they are, but speed and counters is about all they have. When they end up with regular speed they'll end up a hero with only counters that lead to chains with no real mixups, even less pressure than they have now and no mechanics to help them out in that regard. Not sure and unblockable helps much in that regard. Just super basic, regular speed offense...guess we'll see how it goes but I don't like beating down an already weaker hero or the double standards of better heroes than Orochi keeping their fast lights.
Valid points, I can see where you're coming from.
Its quite a fluctuation.
I wonder, if they were able to feint out of their attacks, even the side dodge attacks, if that would make them shoot right up but in good way that adds technical depth 🤔

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#14
darklust posted...
Valid points, I can see where you're coming from.
Its quite a fluctuation.
I wonder, if they were able to feint out of their attacks, even the side dodge attacks, if that would make them shoot right up but in good way that adds technical depth 🤔

They would still be negated by locking onto someone else or using basic defense.

User Info: Justapoorchibi

Justapoorchibi
5 months ago#15
That's what makes Tiandi better than Orochi, amongst other things. Tiandi can cancel out of a lot of their stuff to go into a dodge attack that is very fast. It is shut down by basic defense yeah but people aren't perfect and against such a fast character they are probably going to slip up eventually. I think Orochi probably should be able to soft feint. Maybe soft fient side heavies into double top light. I usually hard fient into that until they're conditioned to just block top on reaction and take a heavy from the side.

But then no matter what as Orochi is now if people don't try anything funny and just calmly block everything they should be totally fine. People only really get hurt when they try to parry or start hitting back carelessly.

Chibs, aka: "Oh god not her!"
[ Warning: Do not feed the chibi ]

User Info: darklust

darklust
5 months ago#16
Dunno I feel if orochi could transition his side dodge attack into a guard break that would be a good setup

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#17
Justapoorchibi posted...
That's what makes Tiandi better than Orochi, amongst other things. Tiandi can cancel out of a lot of their stuff to go into a dodge attack that is very fast. It is shut down by basic defense yeah but people aren't perfect and against such a fast character they are probably going to slip up eventually. I think Orochi probably should be able to soft feint. Maybe soft fient side heavies into double top light. I usually hard fient into that until they're conditioned to just block top on reaction and take a heavy from the side.

But then no matter what as Orochi is now if people don't try anything funny and just calmly block everything they should be totally fine. People only really get hurt when they try to parry or start hitting back carelessly.

Not that Tiandi is a great character or anything, but there are so many things that make him better than orochi that it's kinda silly to compare them.

User Info: GilgameshXII

GilgameshXII
3 months ago#18
Orochi is a hero with a stronger bark than bite. The top unblockable is easily handled. The moveset is extremely versatile, but has no chain and the damage is lacking. He's an excellent punisher but cannot capitalize on that punishment anymore. One on one you'll s***e your site, but there's no opener and you have to work to get the kill.

Honestly, good moveset, but you're throwing toothpicks at the opponent.
ChinPoKoMoN!!!
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Highlander/Orochi balancing?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A