• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Is Warmonger the new hero?

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#21
Some further investigation into the move set shows that the only new animations are the throw and the claw swipe after an impale. The rest are borrowed from Appolyon, Warden, or other characters.

Some notable weird ones are the sword point emote being used as the bash follow up, Centurions GB is her bash, Hito zone is her running attack, Orochi side light is her zone.

Very funky stuff.
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

User Info: Kensaimage

Kensaimage
5 months ago#22
arr_me_maytee posted...
Some further investigation into the move set shows that the only new animations are the throw and the claw swipe after an impale. The rest are borrowed from Appolyon, Warden, or other characters.

Some notable weird ones are the sword point emote being used as the bash follow up, Centurions GB is her bash, Hito zone is her running attack, Orochi side light is her zone.

Very funky stuff.

So a Frankenstein patchwork hero using all existing assets.

That SUCKS

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#23
So, Now that Apollyon Mk.II is out: Did the kit change, or is it still the mish-mash amalgamation crap we've already seen?
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#24
Violet_Shadow posted...
So, Now that Apollyon Mk.II is out: Did the kit change, or is it still the mish-mash amalgamation crap we've already seen?

Same s***.

Cobbled together animations and busted feats.
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#25
arr_me_maytee posted...
Same s***.

Cobbled together animations and busted feats.

Well, That's... even worse than I feared. Not entirely unexpected, but that's just sad for a new Hero. Devs didn't even try.
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

Kensaimage
5 months ago#26
Violet_Shadow posted...
Well, That's... even worse than I feared. Not entirely unexpected, but that's just sad for a new Hero. Devs didn't even try.

Seems like a lot of her ornaments are straight up ripped from other heroes

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#27
Kensaimage posted...
Seems like a lot of her ornaments are straight up ripped from other heroes

Seriously? Man, This has got to be the laziest addition to the game. I wasn't expecting much out of Warmonger, but this is... this is just bad.

Kensaimage
5 months ago#28
Violet_Shadow posted...
Seriously? Man, This has got to be the laziest addition to the game. I wasn't expecting much out of Warmonger, but this is... this is just bad.

Yeah, I was scrolling through her customization options and it was like...yeah. These look REALLY familiar.

Idk, her whole set up and characterization just bothers me. It’s Apollyon...but it’s not. Though she basically is. Gender locked. Speaks English when the rest of the cast doesn’t. Super over the top with the weird animalistic grunting she does with every animation. Seriously, it makes Shaman seem civilized in comparison. Even fairly relaxed animations and emotes. Like, what the hell is wrong with her, lol?

That and her entire existence to me just undermines Warden. Though I see she’s basically a hodge podge of the entire cast. It all adds up to be a pretty underwhelming new cast member.

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#29
Kensaimage posted...
Yeah, I was scrolling through her customization options and it was like...yeah. These look REALLY familiar.

Idk, her whole set up and characterization just bothers me. It’s Apollyon...but it’s not. Though she basically is. Gender locked. Speaks English when the rest of the cast doesn’t. Super over the top with the weird animalistic grunting she does with every animation. Seriously, it makes Shaman seem civilized in comparison. Even fairly relaxed animations and emotes. Like, what the hell is wrong with her, lol?

That and her entire existence to me just undermines Warden. Though I see she’s basically a hodge podge of the entire cast. It all adds up to be a pretty underwhelming new cast member.

Indeed. My opinion of this mess of an addition is pretty much the exact same. I mean, I had very low expectations from her first appearance and, yet, the devs managed to even fall short of those.
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Is Warmonger the new hero?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A