• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Is Warmonger the new hero?

User Info: Kensaimage

Kensaimage
6 months ago#1
According to some YouTube vids and the new event that has a two week countdown, we have a new hero in the form of the Warmonger.

Except I can’t seem to confirm anything. Seems to be mostly speculation. Here’s one video I found

https://youtu.be/TAf9WMutYLE

and one more

https://youtu.be/uc5nVZHRn9M

So...Apolyon is the new hero?

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
6 months ago#2
Yes Warmonger is the new hero. Knight vanguard.

The version in the event isn't quite complete though. The neutral light and heavy animations are just placeholders and not the entire kit is on display.

They will be available August 6th, and purchasable with steel on the 20th. They were kinda vague about what that means. I think there is kind of a free trial period where everyone can try the character put until the 20th then they have to buy them with steel.
"It may not be thick, but boy is it short."

Kensaimage
6 months ago#3
arr_me_maytee posted...
Yes Warmonger is the new hero. Knight vanguard.

The version in the event isn't quite complete though. The neutral light and heavy animations are just placeholders and not the entire kit is on display.

They will be available August 6th, and purchasable with steel on the 20th. They were kinda vague about what that means. I think there is kind of a free trial period where everyone can try the character put until the 20th then they have to buy them with steel.

Seems to be an improved warden. Funny, I was fighting Sadpolyon in the test your metal event and wished Warden could do some of the things she was, such as the half swording (where she grabs the blade and does a charging impale) or that wind up smack.

Guess I’m getting just that. Do you guys feel she plays differently enough from Warden to justify not being a Warden rework?

arr_me_maytee
6 months ago#4
Kensaimage posted...
Seems to be an improved warden. Funny, I was fighting Sadpolyon in the test your metal event and wished Warden could do some of the things she was, such as the half swording (where she grabs the blade and does a charging impale) or that wind up smack.

Guess I’m getting just that. Do you guys feel she plays differently enough from Warden to justify not being a Warden rework?

I think there's enough new that it works, but also it's pretty uninspired and a kind of boring choice.

Some notable differences:
Doesn't seem to be able to use bash from backdodge.
Enhanced lights.
Bash follow ups end chains.
No crushing counter.
More chains.
No unblockable heavy finisher.
Unblockable side dodge heavy.
Undodgeable forward dodge heavy.
Hyper armor on some heavies.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen these things implemented as a warden rework instead of a new character. I don't hate it but it feels pretty samey. I guess the upside is that it is pretty cool.

Ubi probably feels like it's a slam dunk since reddit would riot if the new hero wasn't a knight, and they've been wanting appolyon moves on warden forever.

User Info: Shade_Swordsman

Shade_Swordsman
6 months ago#5
I personally don't like the fact that this means the Wu Lin and one or both of the other factions are going to get ripped off this year. Only two heroes are coming and a lot of people thought they would be Wu Lin to help them catch up since they have 5 heroes versus the other faction's 7.

Unfortunately this means they basically saw Reddit whining about how they only want knight heroes in the game and that they would riot if it wasn't a knight and decided to pander to them again. I really wouldn't be surprised if the other hero is also a knight at this point just to further pander to them.
Have you seen PK's zone on PC?
I still haven't on console.

Kensaimage
6 months ago#6
Shade_Swordsman posted...
I personally don't like the fact that this means the Wu Lin and one or both of the other factions are going to get ripped off this year. Only two heroes are coming and a lot of people thought they would be Wu Lin to help them catch up since they have 5 heroes versus the other faction's 7.

Unfortunately this means they basically saw Reddit whining about how they only want knight heroes in the game and that they would riot if it wasn't a knight and decided to pander to them again. I really wouldn't be surprised if the other hero is also a knight at this point just to further pander to them.

Why the push for more knights?

User Info: Shade_Swordsman

Shade_Swordsman
6 months ago#7
Kensaimage posted...
Why the push for more knights?
The devs primarily listen to reddit when it comes to many things and the only thing reddit has been doing is begging for more knights with full plate armor. They have been posting tons of the same Dark Souls armors and asking if they can be added to the game, completely complaining about any hero who isn't a knight, and numerous other things. In fact many of them were celebrating the new hero being a knight even though the Warmonger is pretty uninspired from what we can tell currently.
Have you seen PK's zone on PC?
I still haven't on console.

arr_me_maytee
5 months ago#8
Shade_Swordsman posted...
The devs primarily listen to reddit when it comes to many things and the only thing reddit has been doing is begging for more knights with full plate armor. They have been posting tons of the same Dark Souls armors and asking if they can be added to the game, completely complaining about any hero who isn't a knight, and numerous other things. In fact many of them were celebrating the new hero being a knight even though the Warmonger is pretty uninspired from what we can tell currently.

This is definitely the case, but also I do believe this (or some variation of it) has been the plan all along.

User Info: MrPibbs11

MrPibbs11
5 months ago#9
It's all knights? Always has been.
I'll do far more than that. I'll provide you with a sorry end to your messy life.
Then I have no choice.... Damn the Wheel. Damn the world!

User Info: Violet_Shadow

Violet_Shadow
5 months ago#10
This is really pathetic for a new Hero: basically, a slightly altered Warden. Tsk. Disappointing, to say the least. It doesn't even have a different weapon, just the same longsword as Warden. Even taking into account that a few parts of the kit will be different when the Hero is fully implemented, this is just too much like 'cloning' a character. I was hoping for 2 more Wu Lin Heroes to balance the roster correctly, though I did mention that I assumed they wouldn't be, but instead we're getting a half-assed Warden-clone (an extra Knight Hero). What's the other one going to be, a slightly beefed-up Orochi (since the Orochi was the one who finally defeated Apollyon in the 'Story Mode')?

Anyway, I must say that I am truly disappointed by this news. I was at least hoping for Heroes with new weapons. Oh well...
Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Is Warmonger the new hero?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A