You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Basically the game now is light spam meta

User Info: TheKratos

TheKratos
1 week ago#1
After months of absence I decided to try the new season, mostly for breach. First thing I noticed that the whole meta is now fast and unreactable attacks (for average joe's like me). Hell even big bastard JJ has 400ms attacks with soft feints. I'm not even gonna mention Shaolin.

Breach is fun but most of the times it's the Wu Lin spam squad or Zerks, PKs, Shinobis etc. Basically characters that can soft feint light spam you to death.

In short, Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.
Gaming Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/UziGameGP
My Discord: https://discord.gg/Y7vYZtG

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
1 week ago#2
TheKratos posted...
After months of absence I decided to try the new season, mostly for breach. First thing I noticed that the whole meta is now fast and unreactable attacks (for average joe's like me). Hell even big bastard JJ has 400ms attacks with soft feints. I'm not even gonna mention Shaolin.

Breach is fun but most of the times it's the Wu Lin spam squad or Zerks, PKs, Shinobis etc. Basically characters that can soft feint light spam you to death.

400ms lights are unreactable for everyone. Even on PC.

The point was to break the turtle meta by not punishing a player for being offensive. You have to make a read on a 400ms attack. Basically you have a 1/3 chance to parry and do way more damage than they will by mashing out a light.

JJ's soft feint light can be beaten by dodging at the same dodge timing as the heavy, or by blocking in the direction of the light and reacting if they throw the heavy instead since the light comes out at feint timing.

You mentioned zerk, PK and shinobi having soft feint lights but of those only PK has soft feints. Zerk chained lights are 400ms though. All of Shinobis lights are 500ms, which is the standard light speed.

Of the Wu Lin, only JJ and Tiandi had soft feints (unless you count Nuxia traps...). Tiandi soft feints his kick into a dodge. Generally speaking, in a 1v1 situation it's safe to be hit by the kick because it doesn't guarantee anything but if you dodge you'll be hit by his dodge lights. in 4v4 it can be a pain though.

Just like any other time they've introduced new characters, there's an adjustment period. Since they dropped two seasons worth of content at once, its' a pretty huge adjustment. Most of us are still trying to figure out matchup stuff. Generally speaking, the Wu Lin are considered A tier in 4v4 and 1v1, with the exception of JJ who's B tier in 1v1.

It's nice that none of them are nearly as broken as launch Centurion or Shaman. Even after rampant nerfs, Shaman still defines the 4v4 meta.

I'd say just give it some time. Join the Savage Legion discord and run with us for a while. If you're having trouble with anything specific, just ask one of us and we'd be willing to help.
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"- Hitler, probably
TheKratos posted...

JJ only has one attack that is 400ms and it's his light soft feint from his dodge attack. Shaolin also only has one 400ms light, but that light only comes from top when he's attacking from nuetral. Tiandi and Nuxia are definitely light spammers though.

Zerk doesn't have a 400ms soft feint, but he can hard feint into a 400ms light. PK's soft feints are only 500ms bleed pokes from her heavies and zone. Shinobi doesn't have any soft feints nor does he have any 400ms attacks.
Have a problem?
Just Dodge it!

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
1 week ago#4
I don't think those post change much about op's main point, being the statement he made in the title.

As for the tier list and wu lins being a tier and s*** its absolutly f***ing wrong. They aren't s tier only on pc, i got a 100% winrate right now as jj and tiandi in duels... do understand how f***ing good that is? And players will only get better at abusing some of those characters over time, especially the shaolin who's kit allows him to cancel basiqually anything that isn't a light.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -
lyricson posted...
I don't think those post change much about op's main point, being the statement he made in the title.

True, the game is definitely moving towards a light spam meta on console. Doesn't help that the devs don't even acknowledge it. They even went as far as saying it doesn't exist because their data says it doesn't exist.

As for the tier list and wu lins being a tier and s*** its absolutly f***ing wrong. They aren't s tier only on pc, i got a 100% winrate right now as jj and tiandi in duels... do understand how f***ing good that is? And players will only get better at abusing some of those characters over time, especially the shaolin who's kit allows him to cancel basiqually anything that isn't a light.

Wu Lin are B tier at the worst and around A and S tier IMO. None of them are as bad as Shaman when she released. Also remember that they are still new and people are not use to fighting them yet, so that is definitely a factor towards their win rates. Aramusha was considered good on the first week of his release and look at him now (and no, none of the Wu Lin are as bad as he is, but I'm just using an extreme).
Have a problem?
Just Dodge it!

TheKratos
1 week ago#6
Shade_Swordsman posted...
TheKratos posted...

JJ only has one attack that is 400ms and it's his light soft feint from his dodge attack. Shaolin also only has one 400ms light, but that light only comes from top when he's attacking from nuetral. Tiandi and Nuxia are definitely light spammers though.

Zerk doesn't have a 400ms soft feint, but he can hard feint into a 400ms light. PK's soft feints are only 500ms bleed pokes from her heavies and zone. Shinobi doesn't have any soft feints nor does he have any 400ms attacks.

I don't know about the actual speed of the attacks but for me they are simply unreactable. Hell I even have trouble blocking lol.. Of course I could be rusty as f*** or perhaps Breach is simply a laggy ass mode but dayum it seems attacks are supersonic speed.

The fact I'm barely getting executed and keep eating a (soft feinted) light says a lot.

TheKratos
1 week ago#7
arr_me_maytee posted...
TheKratos posted...

400ms lights are unreactable for everyone. Even on PC.

The point was to break the turtle meta by not punishing a player for being offensive. You have to make a read on a 400ms attack. Basically you have a 1/3 chance to parry and do way more damage than they will by mashing out a light.

JJ's soft feint light can be beaten by dodging at the same dodge timing as the heavy, or by blocking in the direction of the light and reacting if they throw the heavy instead since the light comes out at feint timing.

You mentioned zerk, PK and shinobi having soft feint lights but of those only PK has soft feints. Zerk chained lights are 400ms though. All of Shinobis lights are 500ms, which is the standard light speed.

Of the Wu Lin, only JJ and Tiandi had soft feints (unless you count Nuxia traps...). Tiandi soft feints his kick into a dodge. Generally speaking, in a 1v1 situation it's safe to be hit by the kick because it doesn't guarantee anything but if you dodge you'll be hit by his dodge lights. in 4v4 it can be a pain though.

Just like any other time they've introduced new characters, there's an adjustment period. Since they dropped two seasons worth of content at once, its' a pretty huge adjustment. Most of us are still trying to figure out matchup stuff. Generally speaking, the Wu Lin are considered A tier in 4v4 and 1v1, with the exception of JJ who's B tier in 1v1.

It's nice that none of them are nearly as broken as launch Centurion or Shaman. Even after rampant nerfs, Shaman still defines the 4v4 meta.

I'd say just give it some time. Join the Savage Legion discord and run with us for a while. If you're having trouble with anything specific, just ask one of us and we'd be willing to help.

I should have said soft feints and fast lights. I don't mean moves soft feinted into lights per se. Hope I'm clear.

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
1 week ago#8
lyricson posted...

True, the game is definitely moving towards a light spam meta on console. Doesn't help that the devs don't even acknowledge it. They even went as far as saying it doesn't exist because their data says it doesn't exist.

Wu Lin are B tier at the worst and around A and S tier IMO. None of them are as bad as Shaman when she released. Also remember that they are still new and people are not use to fighting them yet, so that is definitely a factor towards their win rates. Aramusha was considered good on the first week of his release and look at him now (and no, none of the Wu Lin are as bad as he is, but I'm just using an extreme).

Yeah i just believe it will be the opposite for most of the wu lin. I don't think you can really get used to a gb/palm strike mixup from neutral thats pretty much safe or a 400 ms light from neutral that can be chained into a similar mixup.

As for nuxia maybe she won't be that great, but she still has 400 ms follow up lights, a possibly infinite chain and a high dmg deflect on side attacks. (it can be blocked but you need to know you are going to get deflected)

And jj has a 40 dmg opening heavy thats pretty fast and can be chained into other things, he might become worse with time like nuxia tho.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -

User Info: Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3
1 week ago#9
I think part of the problem, and I am definitely guilty of this, is people try to parry all of the time.

So when you are trying to parry every light spam attack thrown at you, it seems ridiculous, but if you just block, it not that bad.
PSN: Zarathustra3
Gamertag: BassOfDoomIn44
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: arr_me_maytee

arr_me_maytee
1 week ago#10
TheKratos posted...

Shaolin has 400ms chained lights as well.
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"- Hitler, probably
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Basically the game now is light spam meta