You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  3. Beat this game, loved it, but how's Stick of Truth?
ForteEXEMaster 4 months ago#1
By the way, happened to see the bundle for DLC is 70% for 5 days from today.

but how is Stick of Truth? I’m a little hesitant to start it since I’m essentially going backwards in terms of gameplay improvement from what I read
FinaLLancer 4 months ago#2
The gameplay is a lot simpler, but i found the overall scenario (i hesitate to use the word "story") more enjoyable. I've played through stick of truth twice and actually laughed out loud on several occasions each time. It has a lot more of that older South Park humor. I haven't beaten this game yet but other than the occasional chuckle i haven't gotten any laughs out of this game. Modern South Park humor doesn't really get me like the old stuff does personally.

The combat in stick of truth is hilariously broken also so if you enjoy getting OP you'll have fun. I feel like it's definitely worth playing especially since it's cheap right now. It's pretty short and won't outstay its welcome either so worse case you can brute force your way to the end and get your money's worth in a dozen hours or so.

So yeah overall I'd say check it out
Bearprint 1 month ago#3
Stick is 1000 times better. Now, the third game will probably be sci fi?

Btw, just watched the 3rd episode of the new season, the one about real estate, and I have never laughed so much in my life.
The Final Fantasy-series (nr. 6-10) will forever hold a place in my heart.
dragonking777 1 month ago#4
Love Fractured But Whole, but Stick of Truth I didn't care much for, in fact certain parts of the game is just incredibly annoying.
(edited 1 month ago)
I prefer Stick's more simplistic battle mechanics. Some of the battles take too long in this one. It's definitely worth playing if you are a South Park fan.
jhuertad88 1 month ago#6
I am currently playing Stick after finishing TFBW, and so far i am not enjoying Stick as much as The Fractured. Everyone says Stick is better but in my opinion it is the oposite. Maybe the first game you play is the one you will like the most... anyway the stick is 10 usd right now so it is worth the try.

jhuertad88 posted...
I am currently playing Stick after finishing TFBW, and so far i am not enjoying Stick as much as The Fractured. Everyone says Stick is better but in my opinion it is the oposite. Maybe the first game you play is the one you will like the most... anyway the stick is 10 usd right now so it is worth the try.

I definitely agree that Fractured is the better game overall. But I had more fun with Stick. You might be right about which one you play first being a factor. The novelty wears off after just a few hours that you're playing in South Park and it just becomes another game.
BrandySky 5 days ago#8
Personally I did just like you, and played TFBW first then got interested in Stick of truth and bought it too. Personally I Enjoy the Simpler Mechanics of stick more, and the story and comedy is IMHO much greater in stick of truth. Neither game is actually bad in my opinion, both are worth a play through, especially if you’re a South Park fan that alone makes the games worth it. And given the division between others who have answered, I guess it has a lot to do with your style and personal preferences which you may like more or how much you would like one or the other. But despite being older Stick of truth holds up beautifully (and frankly makes the beginning of the second game make a lot more sense). Personally The ONLY issues that stick suffers from, and TFBW does better (and they’re really trivial in the grand scheme), are the DLC and The version of South Park in the first game is a bit dated if you stayed up with the show. Things like SoDoSoPa the whole PC craze and its characters are absent and a lot of other South Park staples are absent (Raisins, Skeeters Wine Bar, the Italian Restaurant, the Pot Store, Mephestos Lab, Peppermint Hippo & Counting DLC Casa Bonita and The Special Needs Camp). And the first game……technically has some DLC, but it’s in the form of some cool looking costumes/equipment that you get at the beginning of the game, and they look pretty cool and actually have some useful perks, but they’re all extremely low level and you won’t actually use them for more than the first 30 to 45 minutes before you start getting gear that way outclasses them, I don’t know why they chose to do it like that but they did. There is no additional story or extra levels or anything to actually add significant content to the game like TFBW had. But I would still 100% absolutely recommend playing it, The only other thing it suffers from is even if you do all of the side quests….It’s fairly short for an RPG and you can get to max level fairly fast, and it’s just a little over half as long if you do no side questing, but that means you don’t have to invest a lot of time to play, and if for some reason you don’t really enjoy it you won’t have to waste a lot of valuable playtime to get into the game and at least enjoy the story…Plus if someone else sorry pointed out one other big benefit is it can be bought pretty cheap at this point…I got it on The PlayStation Store(PS4) for $9.99, and you can get the DLC for free by making/linking an Ubisoft account in the game menu. So either way even if you don’t like it it’s not a huge time or money sink,But I don’t think any actual South Park fan would actually hate or not enjoy the game whatsoever. The first game is sort of like playing an entire season of South Park with one single story arc.
SpaceMonkeyMafia
  1. Boards
  2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  3. Beat this game, loved it, but how's Stick of Truth?

GameFAQs Q&A

wrestling photo mission ? Side Quest2 Answers
Does your gender affect the storyline or gameplay? Main Quest1 Answer
How do I catch stripe? Side Quest4 Answers
Unobtainable selfies? Side Quest2 Answers
Changing classes after endgame? Side Quest1 Answer