• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: xxterradarkxxx

xxterradarkxxx
5 years ago#1
What's the best way to try to farm higher rank DS Sabers? I'm currently playing commander and was hoping for some input as I like this sword a ton.
Psn: zslayer89

User Info: knoterror

knoterror
5 years ago#2
Your best bet is to first go through story difficulty to unlock Prime difficulty. This will have the best drop ranks. Then add a bunch of Drop Rarity/Weapon Drop TECH and go grind challenge missions.

xxterradarkxxx
5 years ago#3
Got it. I've been doing mission 49 for some grinding. Do the drop rarity things help in that mission or is that a no?

knoterror
5 years ago#4
They can. You get drops from the guys that land on the platform.

knoterror
5 years ago#5
And yeah, it's my favorite sword too. It seems to have some inherent speed buff. I got a 50 SS 6-slot with 3 ATK5 and 3 Crit5. Super good.

xxterradarkxxx
5 years ago#6
Holy s***. That's awesome. I just got a regular Star Saber, it's A, so it will do for now...here's to unlocking better weapons.

User Info: PurpGuy

PurpGuy
5 years ago#7
I have yet to get an SS Dark Star, but in theory it should be excellent, mostly because it does not have a split Attack Rating. The Attack Rating is purely Physical type, with no Energy Capacity, and yet it still shoots sword lasers when you swing it.

I did get an SS Star Saber, but it doesn't shoot sword lasers :(
Transformers: Devastation Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUF9wJ_aCqI4M37BieF30jwHv4JZK-4BG

User Info: Richterdgf

Richterdgf
5 years ago#8
I am reasonably sure that Devastator's Drill smokes any other melee weapon in the game though....
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade

knoterror
5 years ago#9
PurpGuy posted...
I have yet to get an SS Dark Star, but in theory it should be excellent, mostly because it does not have a split Attack Rating. The Attack Rating is purely Physical type, with no Energy Capacity, and yet it still shoots sword lasers when you swing it.

I did get an SS Star Saber, but it doesn't shoot sword lasers :(

Exactly. It's really good because it's all Physical type, and the waves do decent damage buffed up with Overdrive. Really good for mobbing. Like I said above, it seems to come with inherent attack speed too. It's super fast.

xxterradarkxxx
5 years ago#10
Richterdgf posted...
I am reasonably sure that Devastator's Drill smokes any other melee weapon in the game though....

While it's true, I still like the look of the DSS better.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A