• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: Devastation
  3. There are WAY more combos than people seem to think...

User Info: UbberDevil

UbberDevil
3 years ago#11
I can confirm that storing combos works with dodges as well as parrying.
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2

User Info: MisterRockett

MisterRockett
3 years ago#12
Basically you're saying there is indeed dodge offset?

User Info: UbberDevil

UbberDevil
3 years ago#13
Yep, that's what I'm saying. And I don't think you have to hold down the last button you input before dodging to make it work. So that still places Bayonetta as the only series that has that rule.
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2

User Info: PurpGuy

PurpGuy
3 years ago#14
I just got this and have been testing everything. This game is amazing. I'm loving the parry mechanic and I'm noticing you can actually continue combos even after you parry, sort of like storing the previous inputs. Could possibly be the same for dodging.

That is exactly how it works, borrowed straight from Bayonetta. Suppose you are going for L,L,L,H,H,Vehicle Attack, but you dodge after the third L. Afterwards you simply continue where you left off with H. This works whether it was a successful dodge or an empty one.

User Info: Richterdgf

Richterdgf
3 years ago#15
GuyverAssasin posted...
RadioParker106 posted...
Anybody ever check out the "moves list" section of the sub menu? There are way more combos and moves than it shows you in game. And what it shows there changes depending on which character and weapon you have equipped. A lot of the reviews I've seen people knock it for only having 3 or 4 combos. This shows 14 or 15 per weapon. Plus there are things the game never told me. Like you can hold down Y to charge up a sword attack, or if you hit B and Y together you do a rising punch. I'm guessing a lot of the reviewers never even found this menu option

Both the examples you gave are found in the moves list.

The TC was referring to the fact that the games only makes you aware of like two combos via a tutorial, and doesn't tell you that there are more on the moves list, which is buried a few menus deep.
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade

User Info: agumongx

agumongx
3 years ago#16
I still trying to figure out all of the vehicle finishers I really wanted to be able to do the attack where grimlock jumps and bites you on the ground so I experimented with the One Handed Sword and Gloves and found their combos.When you're not Grimlock you transform into your car and you rev your wheels on the enemy and then go off at full speed.

For the one handed sword it's SSSTTT and make sure to press R1 when you land on the ground to drive over them my timing is still sort of off on this though

For Gloves it's STTT
PSN ID Thatragewarrior
Xbox Live Thatragewarrior
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: Devastation
  3. There are WAY more combos than people seem to think...
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
really no sequel yet?anubisxxx200257/7 2:28PM