• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: Devastation
  3. There are WAY more combos than people seem to think...

User Info: RadioParker106

RadioParker106
3 years ago#1
Anybody ever check out the "moves list" section of the sub menu? There are way more combos and moves than it shows you in game. And what it shows there changes depending on which character and weapon you have equipped. A lot of the reviews I've seen people knock it for only having 3 or 4 combos. This shows 14 or 15 per weapon. Plus there are things the game never told me. Like you can hold down Y to charge up a sword attack, or if you hit B and Y together you do a rising punch. I'm guessing a lot of the reviewers never even found this menu option
I make gameplay videos on the regular if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/radioparker106

User Info: lionhartwolf

lionhartwolf
3 years ago#2
Truth be told you can get through this entire game with the most basic combo (and a rush attack when needed.) For a genre that prides itself on combo mastering this game makes no effort to teach you combos, or place any emphasis on needing them. They exist purely to people willing to waste their time on them. It does not surprise me one bit that people would overlook the more advance combos. Gamers like to travel the path of least resistance.

User Info: ukloukloiy

ukloukloiy
3 years ago#3
lionhartwolf posted...
Truth be told you can get through this entire game with the most basic combo (and a rush attack when needed.) For a genre that prides itself on combo mastering this game makes no effort to teach you combos, or place any emphasis on needing them. They exist purely to people willing to waste their time on them. It does not surprise me one bit that people would overlook the more advance combos. Gamers like to travel the path of least resistance.

Yeah. But you could do the same in DMC, GOW and BAYO
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj

User Info: UbberDevil

UbberDevil
3 years ago#4
I'm glad I checked the move list early on so I knew about all that stuff. Its also interesting the the vehicle attack at the end of combos changes depending on which combo you perform.
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 years ago#5

Yep, pretty much any game you can go through ignoring all the advanced stuff. Not a waste of time at all.

User Info: GuyverAssasin

GuyverAssasin
3 years ago#6
RadioParker106 posted...
Anybody ever check out the "moves list" section of the sub menu? There are way more combos and moves than it shows you in game. And what it shows there changes depending on which character and weapon you have equipped. A lot of the reviews I've seen people knock it for only having 3 or 4 combos. This shows 14 or 15 per weapon. Plus there are things the game never told me. Like you can hold down Y to charge up a sword attack, or if you hit B and Y together you do a rising punch. I'm guessing a lot of the reviewers never even found this menu option

Both the examples you gave are found in the moves list.
"This is not an FPS, please don't teabag my dead corpse after you win, Thank you"-MvC3 random after getting scraped by me.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
3 years ago#7
New_Birdman posted...

Yep, pretty much any game you can go through ignoring all the advanced stuff. Not a waste of time at all.

until you try to DO those combos on bosses. If you dont manage to stun them you are lucky if you get a 4 hit off before they super dodge.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

User Info: ji-high

ji-high
3 years ago#8
lionhartwolf posted...

Well this isn't a CoD campaign(not a jab at CoD, i do enjoy playing through the campaigns after a big price drop) where you are supposed to play through once and never think about it again.

The developers don't expect you to beat the game and call it a day, they expect you to master it. Or at least to try doing so. I mean the awful ranks one gets by using the same combo over and over should tell you something no?

So yeah they want you to dig deeper, which is what fans of this type of games always do.
It's just a game.

User Info: RadioParker106

RadioParker106
3 years ago#9
GuyverAssasin posted...
RadioParker106 posted...

Both the examples you gave are found in the moves list.

That's what I was trying to say. That you would not find those moves in the tutorials it gave you. You would have to go to the move list to find them. I know they are there. That was the whole point of what I was saying
I make gameplay videos on the regular if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/radioparker106

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
3 years ago#10
until you try to DO those combos on bosses. If you dont manage to stun them you are lucky if you get a 4 hit off before they super dodge.

That's actually a good thing. Being able to infinitely juggle bosses wouldn't be fun at all. They require different strategies that the regular enemy types and that actually brings more to the table.

I just got this and have been testing everything. This game is amazing. I'm loving the parry mechanic and I'm noticing you can actually continue combos even after you parry, sort of like storing the previous inputs. Could possibly be the same for dodging.

Also noticed there are some different kinds of stun animations. I used one of Sideswipe's sword combos that had move where he stabs forward with both swords. Only this part connected with a Constructicon and he dropped to his knees holding his stomach. There's the gold stun animation which I'm still not too sure about. There's a lot of depth in this game yet to be uncovered.
  1. Boards
  2. Transformers: Devastation
  3. There are WAY more combos than people seem to think...
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
really no sequel yet?anubisxxx200257/7 2:28PM