• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. How tough is Insanity compared to the trilogy?

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 months ago#1
I spent some time recently getting the plat trophies for the trilogy. The Insanity runs were varying levels of difficult. ME1 was pretty easy, ME2 started out very difficult and peaked in difficulty during Horizon while ME3 was relatively smooth sailing.

I figure it's time to tackle this as well. What am I in for here? Is it on par with the trilogy? Easier, harder?
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: Ruler_of_this

Ruler_of_this
3 months ago#2
The beginning is tougher than anything in the original tribal trilogy, but it all becomes trivial at the end like the rest of the franchise save for 1 or 2 sorry classes in 2. Playing a power based class in the beginning is nuts.
Take it from me vote Ye in 2020

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#3
As long as you watch the occasional floaty ones it's doable. :p

Depending on your build and how you play is part of the equation but I would say Andromeda is harder than the OT because it's a bit less...........refined shall we say in certain areas. Full biotic is probably easiest to use to get though with constant singularity biotic explosions with other powers and means you do not need to worry about your k.oed team mates priming for you.

Drack and Cora seem to last the longest and Peebee is useful to help get a few extra biotic explosions before she takes a nap anyway. Jaal and Vectra seem to just not be much use although Vectra can tank a bit at least. Liam is middle ground but he's not suited for a biotic Ryder it seems
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
3 months ago#4
You can save your Insanity run for NG+ if you like which makes it much easier. You may need at least 2 play throughs anyway for the romance trophy IRC.

dkgerbil2
3 months ago#5
I beat the game when it first came out and I'm gonna run through on narrative mode to finish off any of the remaining trophies/majority of the game to minimize the amount of things to do on Insanity. I learned my lesson the hard way with the trilogy where I got Liara's ally trophy on my Insanity run. It would've just been easier to rush the minimal amount on Insanity and do another playthrough on Casual. Consider me one of the unfortunate people who played the game with her originally but did too many Citadel sidequests and such before recruiting her to get the trophy. Unfortunate.

Ruler_of_this posted...
The beginning is tougher than anything in the original tribal trilogy, but it all becomes trivial at the end like the rest of the franchise save for 1 or 2 sorry classes in 2. Playing a power based class in the beginning is nuts.

Is it like ME2? ME2 up through Horizon was easily the hardest part of the trilogy for me. Everything after that was cakewalk for some reason, though I glitched the Reaper IFF. In the narrow area with all the Husks I remembered just desperately running through them and hoping for the best. I guess I hit an auto save point and died immediately afterwards. When I respawnwed, the Husks weren't there. Very very fortunate.
(edited 3 months ago)

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#6
I used a Sentinel Shepard to kill the reapers in the IFF on insanity. Once the tech armor breaks it auto kills all husks that have no armor so i just let them gather round and picked of each one armor as fast as possible so I kind of cheated as well lol.

I do recall this fight being more hellish for every other class and I played those on hardcore, especially my sniper Infiltrator that cloaked and then got surrounded and could not move. The de-cloaking did not go so well shall we say. I also recall getting the husk vanish glitch on one Shepard.

I would say Andromeda is still a little harder over all on Insanity consistently. It probably wont be so bad if you just do the main missions but the Architects are certainly above any OT enemy in nonsense stakes.............especially the Voeld one. Not even going to mention the dodgy tiller fight...........so broken. :/ But not needed so a relief I guess .
(edited 3 months ago)

dkgerbil2
3 months ago#7
I played Sentinel Shep for ME2 with Warp Ammo and had Miranda with me at all times for Warp+Overload. Everything before getting the Locust SMG was difficult and Horizon was definitely the worst for me. The area with the comm tower or whatever it was. I didn't have the ability to cheese it with sniper rifles like people often do and geeze did that suck. I know a lot of people struggle with the floating platforms section inside the ship but that was easy as can be in comparison for me.

Sounds like Andromeda might be fun. The combat is more fluid than the trilogy so I won't feel like the mechanics are screwing me.

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#8
ME2 Sentinel is tough because of the limited guns and the we use bullets now so you run out of ammo being added together. Also the starting powers did not mesh as well as some other classes. But I may have some what cheated a bit with having Stasis on the build. At first it seems useless and the fact it would become less effective each time used on the same enemy until it stopped working made me think to replace it quick.

But it proved to be the right extra power for a fledgling Sentinel on Insanity run due to the fact each time it wore off Shepard could just melee the target as it dropped to the floor and do some actual decent damage. The need for bullets was offset with this odd strategy and it even allowed for instakills if you could push enemies off the actual level area and into the voids if their was no walls.

Use to just melee heavy mechs armor off and then shoot them to death as by then the stasis was wearing off fast. Jedora lasted all of 15 seconds as there was a gap in the floor that I pushed her through for an instant kill on her. Which meant only one Krogan ever came out of the pods making it the easiest kill for this fight lol.

The combat is more seamless in MEA over ME2 and thus movement will be easier. But when you get pincered by two Observers on Insanity.......you may not feel that you are not being screwed over then. :l
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
3 months ago#9
Overall I'd call andromeda the easiest game by far, with the caveat that you min/max your build as it gives far more flexibility than the trilogy in that regard. Start out with tech powers as they deal solid damage in the early levels and energy drain is OP. Once you have some resources and are level 10ish you can respec into a bio converter explorer gun build and steamroll the rest of the game.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. How tough is Insanity compared to the trilogy?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A