• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Another question about the Asari.

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
4 months ago#1
Before the Asari achieved spaceflight and access to other races in the Milky Way, how did they reproduce without just spawning loads of Ardat-Yakshi? I can't find any mention of a second sentient people on their home planet of Thessia.

User Info: SageOfLife

SageOfLife
4 months ago#2
Even among so-called "purebloods" the ardat-yakshi are rare. Asari on the AY spectrum make up about one percent of the population at most. The species would have gone extinct if ardat-yakshi were more common.
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
4 months ago#3
Ah that makes more sense. I had understood it as it happening more often than not.

Thanks.

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
1 month ago#4
Producing an Ardat yakshi is rare, before they had contact with other races they just had children with each other.

Now that they have a huge variety of other species asari are encouraged to branch out not just have children with each other so there is more diversity in bloodlines.

"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3DS FC: 1564 - 7512 - 1815

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
1 month ago#5
Redmacabre posted...
Before the Asari achieved spaceflight and access to other races in the Milky Way, how did they reproduce without just spawning loads of Ardat-Yakshi? I can't find any mention of a second sentient people on their home planet of Thessia.
You should play the original trilogy. The first game doesn't mention AY as they weren't a concept yet, but the lore and worldbuilding is second to none. The Codexes in the first 2 games is really good as well, narrated by Liquid Snake himself, Cam Clarke.
I had a god damned P L A N
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Another question about the Asari.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A