• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: reapertorch

reapertorch
1 month ago#1
I’ve been curious about Andromeda but the bad rep has kept me away. I love the first trilogy and hearing that there might be a remaster releasing this fall has made me want to try Andromeda out finally. What are some things I should be looking forward to with Andromeda? I definitely know not to compare the trilogy’s story with this story.

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
1 month ago#2
I'd recommend giving it a shot. You can get if for pretty cheap these days so whether you take to it or not you won't lose much.

Personally I enjoyed it. It was my first ME game so I can't make any comparisons to the OT, but it was fun and interesting. Certainly kept me engaged enough to want a sequel and see where the story goes next.

User Info: reapertorch

reapertorch
1 month ago#3
Redmacabre posted...
I'd recommend giving it a shot. You can get if for pretty cheap these days so whether you take to it or not you won't lose much.

Personally I enjoyed it. It was my first ME game so I can't make any comparisons to the OT, but it was fun and interesting. Certainly kept me engaged enough to want a sequel and see where the story goes next.
I’ll game share it off of my brother haha I can’t wait to finally draw my own conclusion on this game. I’m pretty open minded and see Andromeda as a “next generation / the new kids” phase in the ME series.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#4
I have played the four games.

I really enjoy playing Mass Effect Andromeda, but it suffers a bit for not having a sequel, even if it was in the plans, so a lot of things are supposed to seeds that will have a payoff in a sequel, that now are just unanswered things.

It is fun to play, but the story and character elements are worse than in Mass Effect 1 and 3.

Just so you take my opinion with the right context, I usually rank them like this:

Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2

The multiplayer is kind of lacking, and it is a step down from the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for me.
---
---

User Info: CADE FOSTER

CADE FOSTER
1 month ago#5
its a great game and it can be had for less than 10 used

User Info: mitchteaser1

mitchteaser1
1 month ago#6
The combat is really good.

You can play anyway you want and its all effective. If you want to hide and snipe you can. If you want to be rambo you can.

The first 5 hours are really slow. You don't have any freedom to actually enjoy the game. Get through the start and its really good.

Be a bit careful with your build until around level 30. YouTube some early builds as some level 6 powers will really help at higher levels but are not worth it until you can use the whole build.

Do the apex missions. You can get an app on your phone and the research points are worth 2 mins every day.

Use your cryo points wisely. One of them makes fusion mods a game changer and the other gives you an extra mod slot on everything.

Be a little careful with spending development research points. Even on ng+ they are in short supply.

User Info: BusterBlue

BusterBlue
1 month ago#7
This is a really good game. It has some flaws, but I thought it was very fun and captured the spirit of the original trilogy while trying something different.

Solid 8/10 in my opinion, well worth giving a shot considering you can get it for dirt cheap nowadays. I only spent $20 for it a couple years ago and I've sunk hundreds of hours into it.
*Disney Historian in Training*
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, Pokemon Sword

User Info: Bearprint

Bearprint
1 month ago#8
It was worth the 5 bucks I paid for it - just focus on the main missions/big side-quests and ignore the fetch-quests. Drack and Cora are awesome characters.

(I would recommend a vanguard-build with biotics and shotgun proficiency and starting on the easiest difficulty)
The Final Fantasy-series (nr. 6-10) will forever hold a place in my heart.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
3 weeks ago#9
How many hours Is it and how is replay value. It seems worth it. My first me game as well it kind of has that Star Trek feel to it. I’m just starting anthem and I love it and hope it gets good support and updates.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Slinky826

Slinky826
3 weeks ago#10
I just finished the game after a marathon week of blitzing through it. It's not bad, but there's still this level of "unpolished jank" that permeates the game.

Most combat is solid, but a few encounters feel terrible. The ending felt rushed. Noticed numerous audio issues throughout the game, either delayed audio or audio (speech mostly) simply not playing when there were subtitles on screen. Sometimes when characters are talking, and a character in your party isn't "near the camera", their audio is muffled and almost impossible to hear (play with subtitles on!). And I got several instances of inconsistent and massive frame rate issues that made no sense what so ever. Like frame rate was normally solid in the Tempest, but after heading to the R&D station for a few minutes then exiting, the frame rate dropped to the teens until I loaded the galaxy map and then reloaded the Tempest to get it back to normal. Had a lot of frame rate issues on Kadara as well we're the outpost goes. Honestly this is one of those games that just makes me hate the Frostbite engine.
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
12-15 2001-2019: 18 years of GameFAQs!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A