Pure Biotic build for story viable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Pure Biotic build for story viable?

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
6 months ago#1
Topic title says it all. Is it actually any good from start to finish? I did try a pure Tech build before and that was pretty good. It gets very boring, though.
''Emotions are prohibited'' 2B

User Info: SoloFighter

SoloFighter
6 months ago#2
It all depends on the difficulty level and your character level. Power builds are less efficient at higher difficulties, Also, if your character level is 80+, then the enemies are scaling up while your power and combo damage stay the same.

If you are on your first play through and playing anything lower than insanity any build should work for you.

User Info: ChrisHoxaTron

ChrisHoxaTron
6 months ago#3
Yeah why not.

They're viable, even at max level 132 + insanity. No reason why they won't especially since bioware removed the atrocious bullet sponge, which helps out a lot.

I did at one point, ran a semi pure biotic build (2 biotics, 1 tech) that uses lance to kill everything while level 132 on insanity, from start to finish, even on armoured enemies and architects, it actually wasn't too bad, IMO.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#4
As pure builds go the Biotic one is the best so there lol. You can constantly get Biotic explosions for the duration of Singularity.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: SageOfLife

SageOfLife
6 months ago#5
ChrisHoxaTron posted...
Yeah why not.

They're viable, even at max level 132 + insanity. No reason why they won't especially since bioware removed the atrocious bullet sponge, which helps out a lot.

I did at one point, ran a semi pure biotic build (2 biotics, 1 tech) that uses lance to kill everything while level 132 on insanity, from start to finish, even on armoured enemies and architects, it actually wasn't too bad, IMO.

I did something similar. Singularity and Throw plus Energy Drain. It worked very well.
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold

User Info: trigunfan1

trigunfan1
6 months ago#6
All builds are viable. The weapons are so much more powerful then launch with the opponents so much weaker. Even for low skilled players like me the game too easy on normal.

User Info: kuroishironeko

kuroishironeko
6 months ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
As pure builds go the Biotic one is the best so there lol. You can constantly get Biotic explosions for the duration of Singularity.

Hm, I think Tech is better. Seriously, the AT combined with the Remnant VI takes care of must stuff without you lifting a finger.
''Emotions are prohibited'' 2B

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
6 months ago#8
SoloFighter posted...
It all depends on the difficulty level and your character level. Power builds are less efficient at higher difficulties, Also, if your character level is 80+, then the enemies are scaling up while your power and combo damage stay the same.

If you are on your first play through and playing anything lower than insanity any build should work for you.

Well on my first playthrough ever I was doing an adapt build and still found it quite competitive cuz of the creatures having instant kills. Going in blind on first playthrough ever doing hardcore was quite something. Not as hard as Mass Effect 3 though.
Xbox360 handle: Skitz Gaea. PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102

User Info: Ahglock

Ahglock
6 months ago#9
Sure, I did it on insanity so its doable. There is a level range where its a pain in the ass though.When your biotic explosions don't do enough damage to kill so when you throw people they fly far away and somehow survive orbital drops. Then a couple minutes later after a really long walk they show up again and start shooting. Not necessarily hard, just irritating. Lower difficulties odds are the physics effects kill the, on insanity when you run the adept program and chain enough powerful biotic explosions they die, it was around level 4 or 5 adept started killing them from the biotic explosions.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#10
kuroishironeko posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

Hm, I think Tech is better. Seriously, the AT combined with the Remnant VI takes care of must stuff without you lifting a finger.

Both of them, I spared the Kett that and only used the one lol. I had a Engineer in the original trilogy that used two drones, it was a bit one sided most of time.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Pure Biotic build for story viable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived