What's the best way nowadays to experience the ME trilogy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. What's the best way nowadays to experience the ME trilogy?

User Info: toozolt

toozolt
4 months ago#1
Sorry if this is considered off topic, but I'd assume the other boards are pretty dead.

Itching to play the ME trilogy once again, and I'm totally incensed that, in a console generation flush with remakes and remasters, we've not got the trilogy, with all the DLC, on one disc.

Question is, what's the best way to play it right now? I'd be looking for all the DLC included if at all possible. Is 1,2, and 3 available on PS4 via PS Store, or would I need to go for the PS3 trilogy set?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life!
FC: 5215-0017-5398

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
4 months ago#2
Xbox 360 would probably be best for the trilogy. PS3 versions have some performance issues and don't have the Pinnacle Station DLC (though everyone seems to agree its crap) and the PC version requires Origin to play ME3.

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
4 months ago#3
I would say the trilogy PS 4. This includes all of the DLCs for all the games.
Xbox360 handle: Skitz Gaea. PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 months ago#4
NaclynE posted...

wait what.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
4 months ago#5
With Origin on PC. Looks best, plays best.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 months ago#6
Heracylost posted...
With Origin on PC. Looks best, plays best.

nothing is best if you have to do it through Origin...
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
4 months ago#7
NaclynE posted...

False. There is no trilogy for ps4.
And the ps3 version came with a couple codes but certainly not ALL dlc. Youll still have to buy most of it.

User Info: jw91

jw91
4 months ago#8
360. It's the least pretty option and ME1 still controls like s*** (sorry but it really does) but there's no Origin hassle like on PC and no significant performance issues compared to the PS3 versions. 360 also has the most seamless import of choices from game to game, unless they fixed that on later PS3 versions... wouldn't know. You used to have to use this silly little comic that glossed over a lot of stuff.

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
4 months ago#9
jw91 posted...
You used to have to use this silly little comic that glossed over a lot of stuff.

That was because ME2 released in PS3 before ME1. When they released the trilogy version on PS3 that wasn't required naymore.

User Info: jw91

jw91
4 months ago#10
NibeIungsnarf posted...
jw91 posted...
You used to have to use this silly little comic that glossed over a lot of stuff.

That was because ME2 released in PS3 before ME1. When they released the trilogy version on PS3 that wasn't required naymore.

Right. What I was wondering is if they added import capability to ME2 after ME1's PS3 release.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. What's the best way nowadays to experience the ME trilogy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived