So is Cora Harper the strongest biotic in the franchise so far?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. So is Cora Harper the strongest biotic in the franchise so far?

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 months ago#41
iKANNIBAL posted...
Silence all of you.

Knight Enchanter Inquisitor > Shepard > Ryder

Morrigan or Dorian > Jack > the rest.

Maybe Hawke too considering he ripped that Qunari apart in the cinematic trailer..

No Inquisitor will be able to handle a Shepard that has stasis for obvious reasons lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: iKANNIBAL

iKANNIBAL
4 months ago#42
Olld-Onne posted...
iKANNIBAL posted...
Silence all of you.

Maybe Hawke too considering he ripped that Qunari apart in the cinematic trailer..

No Inquisitor will be able to handle a Shepard that has stasis for obvious reasons lol.

Well.....mages already have stasis, freeze lol. Remember Vivienne froze that one guy solid with a snap of her finger, and in the first game mages were deflecting spells and casting super explosive ones with simple gestures.

Inquisitor has an inter-dimensional portal creator in his hand lol. Also Knight-Enchanters can phase in and out of reality and heal themselves, so he could pretty much become invunerable to anything a biotic would try to do. In addition to that, they have a lightsaber (lol) that deflects projetiles and a disruption field that can lock people in place. Not to mention mages are ridiculously more powerful. Morrigan and Dorian can explode people. In-game this presents itself as a projectile, but in canon seems all it takes is a simple touch (Morrigan did that in the cinematic).

I'd say Inquisitor is probably the most overpowered protagonist Bioware ever created, by the end of Inquisition when you consider all the talents Inquisitor gets like that one barrier from Hakkon dlc that's strong enough to deflect fire from high dragons.
Screw creation club

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
4 months ago#43
iKANNIBAL posted...
I'd say Inquisitor is probably the most overpowered protagonist Bioware ever created,

No one expects the Spanish inquisition! :o
Nintendo fanboy, KirbyCentrist. https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE
(>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: KZ55

KZ55
4 months ago#44
This is exactly the kind of nonsense they had to put in for "shock" value and to try and win over fans to ME:A. Those Cora missiles and lightning scenes are rubbish. Now biotics look far more wizardy rather than trying to be sci-fi-ish like the original trilogy. It's as if to make ME:A fans go 'oooh look Cora beats the old trilogy crew' blah blah blah. The design team is different for Andromeda so they did tons of asspulls and choices which ended up killing this game.

Seriously, even deliberately sticking in Harper as her surname when there are other choices is trying to make the fanbase go wild with debates. If she is the Illusive Man's daughter it'd be a cheap copout to a great original trilogy character. They should just leave Andromeda on its own and completely forget the great old trilogy, no links whatsoever. Or Control-Reaper Shepard can come and wipe this galaxy clean of this horrible 4th entry into the franchise.

Coming back to topic though Jack has tons of raw power and as stated before never truly had proper training other than fighting for survival and going crazy. I'm sure Jack could one day also perform stupidly designed cutscenes like stopping lightning or defending against numerous missiles. If Cora was in the suicide mission I'd bet her barrier would have been impressive but could likely have let her down right at the end as if choosing Miranda to do the work.

Olld-Onne
4 months ago#45
iKANNIBAL posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
iKANNIBAL posted...
Silence all of you.

Well.....mages already have stasis, freeze lol. Remember Vivienne froze that one guy solid with a snap of her finger, and in the first game mages were deflecting spells and casting super explosive ones with simple gestures.

Inquisitor has an inter-dimensional portal creator in his hand lol. Also Knight-Enchanters can phase in and out of reality and heal themselves, so he could pretty much become invunerable to anything a biotic would try to do. In addition to that, they have a lightsaber (lol) that deflects projetiles and a disruption field that can lock people in place. Not to mention mages are ridiculously more powerful. Morrigan and Dorian can explode people. In-game this presents itself as a projectile, but in canon seems all it takes is a simple touch (Morrigan did that in the cinematic).

I'd say Inquisitor is probably the most overpowered protagonist Bioware ever created, by the end of Inquisition when you consider all the talents Inquisitor gets like that one barrier from Hakkon dlc that's strong enough to deflect fire from high dragons.

It is a question of who paralyzes first, still a sniper rifle would be too much for poor DA folk who would just die without knowing why. Evil technology lol.

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
4 months ago#46
KZ55 posted...
This is exactly the kind of nonsense they had to put in for "shock" value and to try and win over fans to ME:A. Those Cora missiles and lightning scenes are rubbish. Now biotics look far more wizardy rather than trying to be sci-fi-ish like the original trilogy. It's as if to make ME:A fans go 'oooh look Cora beats the old trilogy crew' blah blah blah. The design team is different for Andromeda so they did tons of asspulls and choices which ended up killing this game.

Seriously, even deliberately sticking in Harper as her surname when there are other choices is trying to make the fanbase go wild with debates. If she is the Illusive Man's daughter it'd be a cheap copout to a great original trilogy character. They should just leave Andromeda on its own and completely forget the great old trilogy, no links whatsoever. Or Control-Reaper Shepard can come and wipe this galaxy clean of this horrible 4th entry into the franchise.

Coming back to topic though Jack has tons of raw power and as stated before never truly had proper training other than fighting for survival and going crazy. I'm sure Jack could one day also perform stupidly designed cutscenes like stopping lightning or defending against numerous missiles. If Cora was in the suicide mission I'd bet her barrier would have been impressive but could likely have let her down right at the end as if choosing Miranda to do the work.

Lvideo of 'lightning' scene? She like the star wars emperor? Lol
KirbyCentrist. Poyo peace. https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE
(>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
(message deleted)

User Info: JakeMordan

JakeMordan
4 months ago#48
I think this ship is a case of biotic resonance.Perhaps part of Asari training. It's really just an expnded backlash bubble. The only lightning I remember is on hab 7. Again,just looks like backlash. Now whether or not she has that power is another matter.

Jack always seemed like the one with most raw power.

User Info: ChrisLeo

ChrisLeo
4 months ago#49
Vanguard Shepard is the strongest Biotic ever
Video Games are not just art for entertainment, they show a 2nd life. And i am not a Gamer because i got no life, but because i choose to have many. #Pokemon20

Olld-Onne
4 months ago#50
ChrisLeo posted...
Vanguard Shepard is the strongest Biotic ever

Adept Shepard from ME1 is the strongest biotic. Singularity literally was a Black hole not to mention all powers had individual cool downs, the carnage was unacceptable lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. So is Cora Harper the strongest biotic in the franchise so far?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived