• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. "Earn Your Badge" task glitch?

User Info: P01ntyDmonspank

P01ntyDmonspank
3 years ago#1
Earn Your Badge is a task unlocked on the citadel where you have to travel to Voeld and complete three combat encounters, after which you have to travel back and report to the quest giver. I did just that but the quest didn't complete or move on to the next step. I'm currently stuck with an objective to "speak with [quest giver]", but after my initial conversation I'm unable to engage him again even though the interaction triangle icon appears. For all intents and purposes the quest seems unable to be completed for me. And I have attempted to reload to a save prior to first talking to him. It doesn't work.

User Info: prisoner2k

prisoner2k
3 years ago#2
Right there with you. I completed the tasks and returned to the quest giver. I was referred to as a female sibling to the organization represented by the quest-giver (wow, speaking in spoiler-free-ese is exhausting...), but the task did not register as complete. Multiple attempts to speak with the quest-giver proved unsuccessful.
---Number Six

User Info: dedi85k

dedi85k
3 years ago#3
Weird, given the number of people who said this bugged out for them, I figured it was a fool's errand to try do this since I wouldn't be able to turn it in. But I did all the tasks, went back to the guy on the nexus, and it marked completed for me.

Maybe the order you do the tasks matters? I fought the fiends first, then did the kett base, and did the remnant last. I also ran around not killing the destroyer until all the remnant had spawned. Drack and Jaal were still fighting it though, so I guess I was lucky they didn't accidentally kill it before the last of the remnant spawned. But, it was still fast enough to beat Andraknor's time.

I didn't go back to him immediately though, after doing the three tasks, I was 82 points away from next level, so I just drove to the nearest group of Kett and killed them to get the next level. But after I did, I did immediately go to the Nexus and turn it in. So not sure what I did exactly for it to work for me, but that's what I did.
PSN: deadeye85k

User Info: P01ntyDmonspank

P01ntyDmonspank
3 years ago#4
dedi85k posted...
Maybe the order you do the tasks matters? I fought the fiends first, then did the kett base, and did the remnant last. I also ran around not killing the destroyer until all the remnant had spawned. Drack and Jaal were still fighting it though, so I guess I was lucky they didn't accidentally kill it before the last of the remnant spawned. But, it was still fast enough to beat Andraknor's time.

That's exactly how I did it. Same order, held the destroyer till last, had Drack and Jaal as team mates, beat the time.

So it's probably just random. There's a lot of people who report having next to no glitches and I find that experience completely counter to mine.

User Info: Jalopie

Jalopie
3 years ago#5
Mine was a bust as well.. staring at him right now and still won't complete..
Gamertag: Warat0g <--- its a zero...
PSN: Waratog

User Info: Aznguy82x

Aznguy82x
3 years ago#6
I got it to complete. Although, I did encounter the glitch where it did not spawn the final wave. So I reloaded my previous save and followed the tip to leave the nullifire alone for a bit. Got the final wave to spawn and talked to andraknor

User Info: Res5

Res5
3 years ago#7
Aznguy82x posted...
I got it to complete. Although, I did encounter the glitch where it did not spawn the final wave. So I reloaded my previous save and followed the tip to leave the nullifire alone for a bit. Got the final wave to spawn and talked to andraknor

...I've gotten no Nullifier spawning for me at all. That must be the last one I've been missing. It keeps leaving off at 14/15 killed but no enemies. I've not seen a single Nullifier.

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
3 years ago#8
there are multiple task glitches. I can't complete watchers or the shield upgrade one because of bugs.

User Info: Vivi-h-s

Vivi-h-s
3 years ago#9
I'm having similar problems with a few Tasks not marking complete even though I've done everything. Earn Your Badge, The Ghost of Promise and Remnant Scanner won't complete even though I've done them. It's a little frustrating, but I guess I should be happy it isn't any of the loyalty or primary quests.

User Info: Dagger32

Dagger32
3 years ago#10
P01ntyDmonspank posted...
Earn Your Badge is a task unlocked on the citadel where you have to travel to Voeld and complete three combat encounters, after which you have to travel back and report to the quest giver. I did just that but the quest didn't complete or move on to the next step. I'm currently stuck with an objective to "speak with [quest giver]", but after my initial conversation I'm unable to engage him again even though the interaction triangle icon appears. For all intents and purposes the quest seems unable to be completed for me. And I have attempted to reload to a save prior to first talking to him. It doesn't work.

I have this exact same error. If I figure out a solution I will let you know.
Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions?
PSN: Dagger_32
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. "Earn Your Badge" task glitch?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A