• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I hate Liam. (Slight Spolier)

User Info: cjsdowg

cjsdowg
4 years ago#1
Maybe he gets better as the game goes on but right now( I just made it to the Nexus), I think he is horrible. it is like everything he says up to this point I can't stand. Now he is talking about champagne when the freaking station has no lights on.
To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships.
W.E.B. Du Bois

User Info: Sila98

Sila98
4 years ago#2
He gets much better
Xbox GT: AquilanSpectre
PSN ID: AquilanSpectre

User Info: XioDrago

XioDrago
4 years ago#3
It's almost as if some people use humor as a defense mechanism in uncertain situations.

User Info: Onoinato

Onoinato
4 years ago#4
Agreed. He's one of my least favorite members. However, just started one of his Loyalty missions and he's starting to grow on me haha.
Fia-aa em-bu-rem

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
4 years ago#5
XioDrago posted...
It's almost as if some people use humor as a defense mechanism in uncertain situations.

Cancer
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

User Info: Rob_Coyote

Rob_Coyote
4 years ago#6
His engaging in a war crime during the first mission gave me a very negative impression of him (mutilation of a dead body *is* considered a war crime), and he's not even come close to overcoming that right now.
If he hadn't done that (And it was a very clumsy and out of character thing for him to do, lazy lazy lazy cliched writing...Angry soldier, he shoot dead body again and again), I might be better inclined to him, but no, hate him.
My negative view has been further solidified by the clumsy and blatant pushing of him as Mr. Fanservice.

User Info: IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa
4 years ago#7
He doesn't seem to get better. His conversation while he's sipping a beer is especially infuriating. And I can't speed the scene up ANY.
FC: 4081-5499-1094

User Info: G1ingy

G1ingy
4 years ago#8
Rob_Coyote posted...
His engaging in a war crime during the first mission gave me a very negative impression of him (mutilation of a dead body *is* considered a war crime), and he's not even come close to overcoming that right now.
If he hadn't done that (And it was a very clumsy and out of character thing for him to do, lazy lazy lazy cliched writing...Angry soldier, he shoot dead body again and again), I might be better inclined to him, but no, hate him.
My negative view has been further solidified by the clumsy and blatant pushing of him as Mr. Fanservice.

For me, that scene had a bit of unintentional hilarity to it.

This game's garbage AI resulted in a Liam who just ran right up to the enemies and barely fires a shot while standing there.

Seeing him fire so many shots at a dead enemy was just comedic in hindsight.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
4 years ago#9
Can't we punch him at some point according to the previews?

User Info: cjsdowg

cjsdowg
4 years ago#10
I was wrong , Liam has grown on me. I have a few beers with him accidentally hit on him and he is pretty cool. Are it could just be because I met PeeBee and really hate her lot. So he might seem better just due to comparison.
To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships.
W.E.B. Du Bois
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I hate Liam. (Slight Spolier)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A