• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: WarlockQuan

WarlockQuan
7 months ago#1
I loved mass effect 1 and 2. 3 was fine until the awful ending. So?
Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon is the word of God!

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
7 months ago#2
It's pretty mediocre and does not live up to the previous games at all. If you're okay with that, or just desperate for more Mass Effect, then sure. I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it though.

User Info: sano83

sano83
7 months ago#3
I enjoyed this game more than Mass Effect 2 (which was the worst one for me).
Still a good game.
Exploration and combat are fun. The story is nothing too original but it is not a disaster either.
I played it on PC.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
"Griffons?"

User Info: WarlockQuan

WarlockQuan
6 months ago#4
I bought it for 8 dollars. Started playing it. Combat is confusing right now.
Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon is the word of God!

sano83
6 months ago#5
Hope you enjoy it.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2

User Info: ObsceneAnarchy

ObsceneAnarchy
6 months ago#6
sano83 posted...
I enjoyed this game more than Mass Effect 2 (which was the worst one for me).
You are both irrational and wrong. You literally just posted " I enjoyed this undisputable pos over one of the best games ever produced." You are also implying you put ME2 below ME1, which makes it even worse.
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: gboyd21

gboyd21
3 months ago#7
This game is great! It's not up there with the trilogy for sure, as it barely ties in with references. Different timeline, different part of the universe. No returning characters, and they took combat in a slightly different direction.
Instead of having class restrictions and access to all of the abilities with cooldowns, you're always limited to 3 abilities, however you have near unlimited access to all 3 trees at once to mix and match as you see fit with Biotic, Tech, and Combat. They changed out some favorite abilities like Warp for other things, but it all works if you give it a chance. Passives play a much larger rolein the game now.
The characters aren't nearly as gripping with their personalities and backstory as the trilogy, and they've done away with the weird graphics and animations that originally brought so much hatred early on.
There's some interesting travel mechanics to deal with, such as hovering, which can be used in and out of combat for further tactics. The scanning for minerals has been simplified, while thing into necessary planet travel, but grinding isn't necessary.
The crafting systems and modifications for gear is confusing at first, possibly overwhelming. But it's worth it to get into and explore as there are dozens of different weapons to experiment with as their unique abilities aren't always clearly defined.

All in all, the game is definitely worth it. I tried it a year or two ago and have up quickly. Having picked it up again over the holidays, I haven't put it down since. Becoming quickly immersed in an all too familiar game world that is also relatively new and inviting.

sano83
3 months ago#8
ObsceneAnarchy posted...
You are both irrational and wrong. You literally just posted " I enjoyed this undisputable pos over one of the best games ever produced." You are also implying you put ME2 below ME1, which makes it even worse.
Mass Effect 2 only have some of characters and the suicide mission (until you reach the last boss, that is a joke).
The whole rest of the game is a group of small side stories that in most of the cases have absolutely nothing to do with any of the 3 games. Some good, some bad.

Mass Effect 2 is very easily the low point of the franchise. You have less skill, a 100% s*** weapon system, the maps are all the same with a cover of different paint and the main villians killed on screen WAY less humans than Shepard.
[Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.]

User Info: rep_HC

rep_HC
3 months ago#9
ObsceneAnarchy posted...

I enjoyed 1 more then 2. Are you going to be ok now that you know that?

The overall premise was different, I like having the citidal...or whatever it was called, the huge area that felt like home base. 2 was great, but it was different.
Listen to Ben Shapiro
youtube - Ben Shapiro -thug life

sano83
3 months ago#10
rep_HC posted...
I like having the citidal...or whatever it was called, the huge area that felt like home base. 2 was great, but it was different.
The Citadel being an area where over 13 million of people (from many different races) live in Mass Effect 1.
In Mass Effect 2 is a shopping mail.
[Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.]
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A